Daniel M Kolansky
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Longitudinal evaluation and assessment of cardiovascular disease in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemiaDaniel M Kolansky
Cardiovascular Medicine Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:1438-43. 2008..Careful coronary and valvular surveillance strategies and coronary revascularization when appropriate are also warranted in this high-risk population...
- Acute coronary syndromes: morbidity, mortality, and pharmacoeconomic burdenDaniel M Kolansky
Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 9 Gates W, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:S36-41. 2009..By evaluating the predictors of optimal medical therapy and mortality post-discharge, healthcare providers involved in the managed care play a key role in providing efficient, safe, and cost-effective ACS treatment...
- FilterWire distal embolic protection device for vein graft stenting: initial single-center experienceDaniel M Kolansky
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cardiol 28:556-60. 2005..The FilterWire distal embolic protection device has recently been approved as an adjunct to SVG intervention. We report here our initial experience in a single center in 30 consecutive patients using this device in SVG stenting...
- Comparison of invasive and noninvasive assessment of aortic stenosis severity in the elderlyZachary M Gertz
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 5:406-14. 2012..Accurate assessment of AVA is crucial to determine which patients are appropriate candidates for aortic valve replacement...
- One-year clinical outcomes of protected and unprotected left main coronary artery stentingMichael P Kelley
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University Health System, 9 Gates, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur Heart J 24:1554-9. 2003..To evaluate outcomes for left main coronary artery (LMCA) stenting and compare results between protected (left coronary grafted) and unprotected LMCA stenting in the current bare-metal stent era...
- "Double wire" angio-seal closure technique after balloon aortic valvuloplastyQuang T Bui
Cardiovascular Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 75:488-92. 2010..To report the feasibility of a collagen-mediated closure device using a modified Angio-Seal closure technique for access site management following percutaneous balloon aortic valvuloplasty (BAV)...
- Inhibition of microsomal triglyceride transfer protein in familial hypercholesterolemiaMarina Cuchel
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
N Engl J Med 356:148-56. 2007..Inhibition of the microsomal triglyceride transfer protein may be effective in reducing cholesterol levels in these patients...
- Comparison of degree of platelet inhibition by abciximab versus tirofiban in patients with unstable angina pectoris and non-Q-wave myocardial infarction undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionHoward C Herrmann
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:1293-7. 2002
- Practical implementation of therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrestDavid F Gaieski
Department of Emergency Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Ground Ravdin, Philadelphia, PA19104, USA
Hosp Pract (1995) 37:71-83. 2009..However, clearly delineated instructions for how to induce, maintain, and conclude TH have not been published in a codified format...
- Early goal-directed hemodynamic optimization combined with therapeutic hypothermia in comatose survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrestDavid F Gaieski
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Resuscitation 80:418-24. 2009..Due to the similarities between the post-cardiac arrest state and severe sepsis, it has been postulated that early goal-directed hemodyamic optimization (EGDHO) combined with TH would improve outcome of comatose cardiac arrest survivors...
- Complete deficiency of the low-density lipoprotein receptor is associated with increased apolipoprotein B-100 productionJohn S Millar
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 644 BRB II III, 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:560-5. 2005..We addressed the role of the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor in determining clearance rates and production rate (PR) of apolipoprotein B (apoB) in humans...
- Focal myocarditis mimicking acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction: diagnosis using cardiac magnetic resonance imagingJeffrey M Testani
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 33:256-9. 2006..The diagnosis of acute myocarditis was eventually confirmed with use of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging...
- Emergency mitral valve replacement in the octogenarianJoseph H Gorman
Department of Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:269-71. 2003..Some would consider such a clinical situation in an octogenarian futile and, in the current era of health care cost containment, a potential waste of resources. We present two such cases with successful outcomes...
- Treatment of familial hypercholesterolemia: is there a need beyond statin therapy?Anna Raper
Institute of Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3600 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 14:11-6. 2012..We conclude that there is a need beyond statins for patients with FH, especially in cases of statin intolerance, and when even the highest doses of statin do not get patients to goal cholesterol levels...
- Triple-lumen peripherally inserted central catheter in patients in the critical care unit: prospective evaluationScott O Trerotola
Department of Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 1 Silverstein, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Radiology 256:312-20. 2010..To prospectively evaluate outcomes associated with use of a triple-lumen (TL) peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) in the intensive care unit (ICU) setting...
- Inverted-Takotsubo pattern cardiomyopathy secondary to pheochromocytoma: a clinical case and literature reviewStephen Kim
Department of Medicine, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cardiol 33:200-5. 2010....
- Predictors of complications following sheath removal with percutaneous coronary interventionLinda M Sulzbach-Hoke
Cardiac Intermediate Care Unit, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 25:E1-8. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine predictors of vascular complications following sheath removal for percutaneous coronary intervention...
- Effect of atorvastatin on postcardiac transplant increase in low-density lipoprotein cholesterol reduces development of intimal hyperplasia and progression of endothelial dysfunctionVincent Y See
Cardiovascular Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4024, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:11-5. 2003....
- Neurologic prognostication and bispectral index monitoring after resuscitation from cardiac arrestMarion Leary
Center for Resuscitation Science and Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Resuscitation 81:1133-7. 2010..We hypothesized that BIS values within 24 h after resuscitation would correlate with neurologic outcomes at discharge...
- Echocardiography in suspected acute type a aortic dissection: detection and definitive management of a false-positive presentationJohn G T Augoustides
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:912-4. 2006
- Prophylaxis against venous thromboembolism in acutely ill medical patients: an observational studyCarla M Peterman
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:1086-90. 2006..To determine the risk factors for venous thromboembolism (VTE) and the rates of prophylactic measures used in acutely ill medical patients...
- The safety and efficacy of thrombolysis for strokes after cardiac catheterizationPooja Khatri
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0525, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:906-11. 2008..The purpose of this study was to systematically compare clinical outcomes of patients treated with thrombolysis with those without treatment in a multi-year, multicenter cohort of strokes after cardiac catheterization...