Affiliation: University of California
- Task-related "cortical" bursting depends critically on basal ganglia input and is linked to vocal plasticitySatoshi Kojima
Departments of Physiology and Psychiatry, and Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0444, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:4756-61. 2013..Moreover, such patterned bursting appears critical for motor plasticity. Our findings thus provide support for therapies that aim to treat basal ganglia movement disorders by normalizing firing patterns...
- Song selectivity in the pallial-basal ganglia song circuit of zebra finches raised without tutor song exposureSatoshi Kojima
Keck Center for Integrative Neuroscience, Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0444, USA
J Neurophysiol 98:2099-109. 2007....
- Neural encoding of auditory temporal context in a songbird basal ganglia nucleus, and its independence of birds' song experienceSatoshi Kojima
Keck Center for Integrative Neuroscience, Departments of Physiology and Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0444, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:1231-44. 2008..Our results suggest that song-selective neurons encode much of the temporal context of song using a short, constant time window that is conserved across differences in songs, birds and learning...
- Activity propagation in an avian basal ganglia-thalamocortical circuit essential for vocal learningSatoshi Kojima
Department of Physiology, Keck Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0444, USA
J Neurosci 29:4782-93. 2009..Moreover, these findings provide insight into the strikingly different disruptive effects of basal ganglia and cortical lesions on songbird vocal learning...
- Social performance reveals unexpected vocal competency in young songbirdsSatoshi Kojima
Keck Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1687-92. 2011....
- Multiple-site optical recording for characterization of functional synaptic organization of the optic tectum of rainbow troutMasae Kinoshita
Division of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido University, North 10, West 8, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 16:868-76. 2002....
- Intrinsic and synaptic properties of the dorsomedial nucleus of the intercollicular complex, an area known to be involved in distance call production in Bengalese finchesSatoshi Kojima
Life Science Institute, Sophia University, 7 1 Kioi cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8554, Japan
Brain Res 966:84-94. 2003..These intrinsic properties of DM neurons and their excitatory and inhibitory synaptic inputs may play important roles in generating the acoustic patterns of distance calls in male finches...