S M Koenig
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Pulmonary complications of obesityS M Koenig
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine and the University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville 22908 00546, USA
Am J Med Sci 321:249-79. 2001..There are numerous medical and surgical therapies for obstructive sleep apnea and obesity hypoventilation. Weight reduction in the obese is among the most effective of these measures...
- Does measuring BHR add to guideline derived clinical measures in determining treatment for patients with persistent asthma?Steven M Koenig
Division of Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care, University of Virginia, Hospital Drive, Private Clinics 6590, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Respir Med 102:665-73. 2008....
- Deterioration in asthma control when subjects receiving fluticasone propionate/salmeterol 100/50 mcg Diskus are "stepped-down"Steven M Koenig
University of Virginia, Division of Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Asthma 45:681-7. 2008..This study provides support that treatment of both inflammation and smooth muscle dysfunction may be necessary to achieve and maintain asthma control in patients uncontrolled on ICS...
- Steroid-sparing effects of fluticasone propionate 100 microg and salmeterol 50 microg administered twice daily in a single product in patients previously controlled with fluticasone propionate 250 microg administered twice dailyWilliam Busse
University of Wisconsin, Medical School, Madison 53792, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:57-65. 2003..CONCLUSION: In patients requiring FP250 bid for asthma stability, FP100/salmeterol bid was steroid-sparing, allowing a 60% reduction in the FP dose while maintaining overall asthma control...
- Control of airway inflammation maintained at a lower steroid dose with 100/50 microg of fluticasone propionate/salmeterolNizar N Jarjour
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Section, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, WI, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:44-52. 2006..CLINICAL IMPLICATIONS: A lower-dose ICS with a LABA is effective in controlling inflammation and providing clinical asthma control, confirming current guideline recommendations...
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia: diagnosis, treatment, and preventionSteven M Koenig
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, P O Box 800546, UVa HS, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 19:637-57. 2006....
- Pulmonary disorders in the training roomJames S Pope
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, P.O. Box 800546, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Clin Sports Med 24:541-64, viii. 2005..This article addresses the most common pulmonary conditions athletes face and provides a framework for the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions...