Christopher J Koenig
Affiliation: University of California
- Passing the baton: a grounded practical theory of handoff communication between multidisciplinary providers in two Department of Veterans Affairs outpatient settingsChristopher J Koenig
Department of Medicine, San Francisco Veterans Administration Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, 116P, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:41-50. 2013..This study examines handoff communication within multidisciplinary provider teams in two outpatient settings...
- Negotiating complementary and alternative medicine use in primary care visits with older patientsChristopher J Koenig
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Patient Educ Couns 89:368-73. 2012..To empirically investigate the ways in which patients and providers discuss Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) treatment in primary care visits...
- "All of those things we don't eat": a culture-centered approach to dietary health meanings for Asian Indians living in the United StatesChristopher J Koenig
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Health Commun 27:818-28. 2012....
- Patient resistance as agency in treatment decisionsChristopher J Koenig
San Francisco Veterans Administration and University of California, San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, 116P, San Francisco, CA 94121, United States
Soc Sci Med 72:1105-14. 2011..Overall, this article argues that patient resistance is an interactional resource for patients to assert their agency by ensuring the ensuing recommendation is acceptable and in accord with their treatment preferences and concerns...
- Facilitating culture-centered communication between health care providers and veterans transitioning from military deployment to civilian lifeChristopher J Koenig
San Francisco Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, USA Philip R Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 95:414-20. 2014..To describe returning veterans' transition experience from military to civilian life and to educate health care providers about culture-centered communication that promotes readjustment to civilian life...