Piyadasa W Kodituwakku
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- From research to practice: an integrative framework for the development of interventions for children with fetal alcohol spectrum disordersPiyadasa W Kodituwakku
University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Neuropsychol Rev 21:204-23. 2011..This framework underscores the importance of multi-level evaluations and interventions...
- A neurodevelopmental framework for the development of interventions for children with fetal alcohol spectrum disordersPiyadasa W Kodituwakku
Center for Development and Disability, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87107, USA
Alcohol 44:717-28. 2010....
- Neurocognitive profile in children with fetal alcohol spectrum disordersPiyadasa W Kodituwakku
Center for Development and Disability, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87107, USA
Dev Disabil Res Rev 15:218-24. 2009..We recommend the study of developmental trajectories of both elementary and higher-order functions in future research on FASD to elucidate the development of this cognitive profile...
- Defining the behavioral phenotype in children with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders: a reviewP W Kodituwakku
Center for Development and Disability, University of New Mexico, 2300 Menaul NE Albuquerque NM 87107, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 31:192-201. 2007..The problem of mapping focal anomalies of the brain with a generalized pattern of deficits can be solved by taking developmental processes into consideration...
- Epidemiology of FASD in a province in Italy: Prevalence and characteristics of children in a random sample of schoolsPhilip A May
Center on Alcholism, Substance Abuse and Addictions CASAA, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:1562-75. 2006..To address these issues, an epidemiology study of FAS and other FASD was undertaken in Italian schools...
- 1H-MRS differentiates white matter hyperintensities in subcortical arteriosclerotic encephalopathy from those in normal elderlyW M Brooks
Center for Non Invasive Diagnosis, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Stroke 28:1940-3. 1997..Our aim was to discriminate white matter hyperintensities (WMH) on MRI in patients with SAE from similar appearing changes in normal elderly...
- Emotion-related learning in individuals prenatally exposed to alcohol: an investigation of the relation between set shifting, extinction of responses, and behaviorP W Kodituwakku
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addiction, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Neuropsychologia 39:699-708. 2001..Variability in extinction and two measures of set shifting, perseverative errors on the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test and omission errors on reversal learning, were found to be robust predictors of parent-rated behavioral problems...
- Delays in auditory processing identified in preschool children with FASDJulia M Stephen
MIND Research Network, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:1720-7. 2012..As sensory skills develop early, characterization of sensory deficits using novel imaging methods may reveal important neural markers of prenatal alcohol exposure...
- Letter and category fluency in children with fetal alcohol syndrome from a community in South AfricaPiyadasa W Kodituwakku
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, 2650 Yale Boulevard South East, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:502-9. 2006..It was hypothesized that between the ages of 6 and 9 years, these FAS children would show age-related changes in category fluency but not in letter fluency...
- The effects of prenatal alcohol exposure on executive functioningP W Kodituwakku
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Alcohol Res Health 25:192-8. 2001..A deficit in flexible recruitment of brain regions to do complex tasks may underlie the EF deficits in people prenatally exposed to alcohol...
- Neurobehavioral consequences of prenatal alcohol exposure: an international perspectiveEdward P Riley
San Diego, State University, San Diego, California 92120, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:362-73. 2003..Mattson, E. P. Riley, A. Matveeva, and G. Marintcheva; and (6) Long-term follow-up of Finnish children exposed to alcohol in utero in various durations, by Marit I. Korkman and I. Autti-Rämö. The discussant was Ting-Kai Li...
- Patterns of cognitive-motor development in children with fetal alcohol syndrome from a community in South AfricaC M Adnams
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 25:557-62. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The results showed that the FAS group was markedly deficient only in higher-order cognitive-motor competencies...