Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Social and emotional characteristics of adults seeking a cochlear implant and their spousesJohn F Knutson
Department of Psychology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Br J Health Psychol 11:279-92. 2006..A second objective was to explore mechanisms by which profound deafness could contribute to psychological and emotional difficulties for implant candidates and their spouses...
- The role of care neglect and supervisory neglect in childhood obesity in a disadvantaged sampleJohn F Knutson
The University of Iowa, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 35:523-32. 2010..Hierarchical linear regression was used to assess the influence of both forms of neglect and the moderating role of age...
- Assessing children's exposure to intimate partner violenceJohn F Knutson
University of Iowa, E11 Seashore Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 12:157-73. 2009..The implications of these findings for research on child outcomes and the clinical assessment of children who might have been exposed to IPV are discussed...
- Care neglect, supervisory neglect, and harsh parenting in the development of children's aggression: a replication and extensionJohn F Knutson
Department of Psychology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
Child Maltreat 10:92-107. 2005....
- Disciplinary choices of mothers of deaf children and mothers of normally hearing childrenJohn F Knutson
Department of Psychology, The University of Iowa, E 11 Seashore Hall, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
Child Abuse Negl 28:925-37. 2004..To assess the disciplinary preferences of mothers of profoundly deaf children and normally hearing children in a test of the hypothesized link between child disabilities and punitive parenting...
- Temporal stability of music perception and appraisal scores of adult cochlear implant recipientsKate Gfeller
School of Music, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 21:28-34. 2010..However, there is presently little information documenting changes in music perception or appraisal over extended time as a result of mere experience...
- Biology-environment interaction and evocative biology-environment correlation: contributions of harsh discipline and parental psychopathology to problem adolescent behaviorsKristin M Riggins-Caspers
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 42242, USA
Behav Genet 33:205-20. 2003..The contextual environment was found to moderate the biological process of evocative biology-environment correlation, providing empirical support for the Bronfenbrenner and Ceci (1994) Bioecological Model...
- Recognition of "real-world" musical excerpts by cochlear implant recipients and normal-hearing adultsKate Gfeller
School of Music, Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology, Iowa Cochlear Implant Research Center, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Ear Hear 26:237-50. 2005....
- Outcomes and achievement of students who grew up with access to cochlear implantsLinda J Spencer
Department Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA
Laryngoscope 114:1576-81. 2004..To provide long-term speech perception and production, educational, vocational, and achievement outcome data for pediatric cochlear implant recipients...
- Multivariate predictors of music perception and appraisal by adult cochlear implant usersKate Gfeller
School of Music, University of Iowa, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 19:120-34. 2008..Music listening background, residual hearing (i.e., hearing aid use), cognitive factors, and some demographic factors predicted several indices of perceptual accuracy or appraisal of music...
- Maternal depression and trait anger as risk factors for escalated physical disciplineNicole L Shay
University of Iowa, IA, USA
Child Maltreat 13:39-49. 2008..Findings suggest that anger and irritability are central to the putative link between depression and harsh discipline...
- Contingent responses of mothers and peers to indirect and direct aggression in preschool and school-aged childrenNizete Ly Valles
Department of Psychology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Aggress Behav 34:497-510. 2008..Finally, low IQ was correlated with higher direct aggression in girls but had no relation with aggression in boys...
- Performance of cochlear implant recipients with GJB2-related deafnessGlenn E Green
Molecular Otolaryngology Research Laboratories, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Med Genet 109:167-70. 2002..Effective rehabilitation for profoundly deaf individuals with GJB2-related deafness is possible through cochlear implantation...
- The child maltreatment log: a computer-based program for describing research samplesKathleen J Sternberg
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Child Maltreat 9:30-48. 2004..The CML can be downloaded by interested agencies and groups without charge...