Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Risk of suicide and related adverse outcomes after exposure to a suicide prevention programme in the US Air Force: cohort studyKerry L Knox
University of Rochester Center for the Study and Prevention of Suicide, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
BMJ 327:1376. 2003..To evaluate the impact of the US Air Force suicide prevention programme on risk of suicide and other outcomes that share underlying risk factors...
- If suicide is a public health problem, what are we doing to prevent it?Kerry L Knox
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Public Health 94:37-45. 2004..We examined whether the current urgency to develop effective interventions for suicide prevention can benefit from an understanding of the evolution of population-based strategies to prevent heart disease...
- Establishing priorities for reducing suicide and its antecedents in the United StatesKerry L Knox
University of Rochester School of Medicine, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 644, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1898-903. 2005..Men in the middle years of life contribute disproportionately to the public health burden because of completed suicide. The substantial burden evident in this group has not translated into a public health priority...
- Development and validation of a 6-day standard for the identification of frequent mental distressRobert M Bossarte
Department of Veterans Affairs, Center of Excellence for Suicide Prevention, VAMC Canandaigua, Canandaigua, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:403-11. 2011....
- Proximate outcomes of gatekeeper training for suicide prevention in the workplaceWendi Cross
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 37:659-70. 2007..Participants in this workplace gatekeeper training reported sharing new knowledge and skills with family, friends, and coworkers...
- Sexual orientation and risk factors for suicidal ideation and suicide attempts among adolescents and young adultsVincent M B Silenzio
Departments of Family Medicine, Psychiatry, and Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester, NY 14620, USA v m
Am J Public Health 97:2017-9. 2007....
- Precontemplated and impulsive suicide attempts among individuals with alcohol dependenceKenneth R Conner
Center for the Study and Prevention of Suicide and Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:95-101. 2006..Some suicide attempts are precontemplated, whereas other attempts are impulsive. The purpose of this study was to compare characteristics and correlates of impulsive and precontemplated suicide attempts...
- Low-planned suicides in ChinaKenneth R Conner
University of Rochester UR Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Psychol Med 35:1197-204. 2005..The association of planning and method in completed suicide was also assessed...
- Lateral automobile impacts and the risk of traumatic brain injuryJeffrey J Bazarian
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Ann Emerg Med 44:142-52. 2004..We determine the relative risk and severity of traumatic brain injury among occupants of lateral impacts compared with occupants of nonlateral impacts...
- Strategies to prevent suicideKerry L Knox
JAMA 295:1515-6; author reply 1516. 2006
- The relationship between self-injurious behavior and suicide in a young adult populationJanis Whitlock
Department of Human Development, Family Life Development Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:634-40. 2007..To test the hypothesis that self-injurious behavior (SIB) signals an attempt to cope with psychological distress that may co-occur or lead to suicidal behaviors in individuals experiencing more duress than they can effectively mitigate...
- Evaluation of gatekeeper training for suicide prevention in veteransMonica M Matthieu
Washington University in St Louis, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Center for Mental Health Services Research, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Arch Suicide Res 12:148-54. 2008..96 vs. 0.42) and self efficacy (0.89 vs. 0.41). Gatekeeper training for suicide prevention shows promise for increasing the capacity of VA staff to work with at risk veterans...
- The development, reliability, and validity of a rating scale of stage-based behavioral counseling for STD/HIV preventionPeter L McGrath
Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases Unit, Center for Health and Behavioral Training, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 8:54-61. 2002..95), internal consistency (.95) and inter-rater reliability (.99) of the scale. This reliable and valid instrument can be used for implementing and maintaining the intervention, program quality assurance, and staff training...
- A Prospective Study of Suicide Prevention in the USAFKerry Knox; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Components of Effective Suicide Prevention in the USAFKerry Knox; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Components of Effective Suicide Prevention in the USAFKerry L Knox; Fiscal Year: 2010....