Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Review of brain functioning in depression for semantic processing and verbal fluencyHeide Klumpp
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5766, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 75:77-85. 2010....
- Shifting the focus of attention modulates amygdala and anterior cingulate cortex reactivity to emotional facesHeide Klumpp
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2700, USA
Neurosci Lett 514:210-3. 2012..Results indicate that simply and volitionally directing attention toward or away from emotional content correspondingly modulates amygdala and ACC activity...
- Insula reactivity and connectivity to anterior cingulate cortex when processing threat in generalized social anxiety disorderHeide Klumpp
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Rachel Upjohn Building, 4250 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2700, USA
Biol Psychol 89:273-6. 2012..Findings indicate that aINS hyper-reactivity for fear faces in gSAD, compared to controls, involves reduced connectivity with a prefrontal region implicated in cognitive control and emotion regulation...
- Amygdala reactivity to faces at varying intensities of threat in generalized social phobia: an event-related functional MRI studyHeide Klumpp
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2700, United States
Psychiatry Res 183:167-9. 2010..GSP patients exhibited greater amygdala reactivity to threat faces at high and moderate intensities. More subtle displays of social threat are sufficient to evoke a fear-related neural response...
- False memory and obsessive-compulsive symptomsHeide Klumpp
Psychology Department, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Depress Anxiety 26:396-402. 2009..We evaluated false memories and memory processes in individuals with obsessive-compulsive washing symptoms (OC), individuals matched on depression and anxiety without OC symptoms (D/A), and in nonanxious individuals (NAC)...
- Examination of vigilance and disengagement of threat in social anxiety with a probe detection taskHeide Klumpp
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Anxiety Stress Coping 22:283-96. 2009..Our study is consistent with cognitive theories of anxiety that propose vigilance for threat may contribute to the maintenance of anxiety disorders...
- Semantic processing of emotional words in depression and schizophreniaHeide Klumpp
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5766, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 75:211-5. 2010..These data suggest anomalies in semantic network interactions with emotion processing in schizophrenia...
- Trait anxiety modulates anterior cingulate activation to threat interferenceHeide Klumpp
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 4250 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:194-201. 2011..g. anterior cingulate cortex, "ACC") might play a role. In this study, we explored the hypothesis that trait anxiety would be associated with ACC activity in an attentional control task with varying levels of threat interference...
- Increased activation of the anterior cingulate cortex during processing of disgust faces in individuals with social phobiaNader Amir
Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602 3013, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:975-81. 2005..These studies have focused mostly on the activation of the amygdala. The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) also has been implicated in processing emotional information, but its role in social phobia has not been examined...
- Aberrant amygdala-frontal cortex connectivity during perception of fearful faces and at rest in generalized social anxiety disorderKatherine E Prater
Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Depress Anxiety 30:234-41. 2013..Here, we address this by studying amygdala-frontal cortex connectivity during viewing of fearful faces and at rest in gSAD patients...
- Neural predictors and mechanisms of cognitive behavioral therapy on threat processing in social anxiety disorderHeide Klumpp
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60608, United States
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 45:83-91. 2013..Collectively, CBT-related brain changes involved a reduction in activity in insula, prefrontal, and extrastriate regions. Results are consistent with cognitive models, which associate decreases in threat processing bias with recovery...
- Amygdala and insula response to emotional images in patients with generalized social anxiety disorderSabin G Shah
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich 48109 2700, USA
J Psychiatry Neurosci 34:296-302. 2009..However, few studies have examined brain responses in socially anxious participants during general emotional processing. We examined brain response to emotionally evocative images in patients with gSAD and matched healthy controls...
- Serotonin transporter gene alters insula activity to threat in social anxiety disorderHeide Klumpp
aMood and Anxiety Disorders Research Program, Department of Psychiatry bDepartment of Psychology and Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago cMental Health Service, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois dDepartment of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Neuroreport 25:926-31. 2014..Findings indicate genotype influenced insula activation to threat in SAD. ..