Benzi M Kluger
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Fatigue and fatigability in neurologic illnesses: proposal for a unified taxonomyBenzi M Kluger
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, USA
Neurology 80:409-16. 2013..We also provide examples of how to apply and validate the taxonomy and suggest directions for future research...
- Motor evoked potential depression following repetitive central motor initiationBenzi M Kluger
Departments of Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver, Mail Stop B185, 12631 East 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Exp Brain Res 216:585-90. 2012..Our results suggest that central initiation of motor programs may induce a change in MEP amplitude, even in the absence of objective fatigue...
- Surgical treatment of movement disordersBenzi M Kluger
University of Colorado Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Neurol Clin 27:633-77, v. 2009..Summaries of case studies, case series and clinical trials performed using deep brain stimulation are provided for Parkinson's disease, dystonia, essential tremor and other movement disorders...
- Loss of somatosensory-evoked potentials and the timing of perceptionBenzi M Kluger
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 22:173-9. 2009..To determine if patients with brain lesions who have a unilateral loss of their primary somatosensory-evoked potential (SSEP) have altered temporal perception...
- Lessons learned from a large single center cohort of patients referred for DBS managementBenzi M Kluger
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 17:236-9. 2011..We aimed to uncover reasons for referral by analyzing a large single center cohort of DBS patients referred for management...
- Mood and energy determinants of quality of life in dystoniaAnne Soeder
Department of Neurology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Neurol 256:996-1001. 2009..Further studies will be needed to determine the effect of treatment on these associations and whether disturbances in energy are related to sleep disturbances or to primary fatigue issues...
- The prevalence of fatigue following deep brain stimulation surgery in Parkinson's disease and association with quality of lifeBenzi M Kluger
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Denver, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Parkinsons Dis 2012:769506. 2012..Fatigue was significantly associated with quality of life, depression, and anxiety. Depression preoperatively was the only predictive factor of fatigue. Fatigue is common following DBS surgery and significantly impacts quality of life...
- Quadriceps muscle weakness, activation deficits, and fatigue with Parkinson diseaseJennifer Stevens-Lapsley
University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 26:533-41. 2012..People with Parkinson disease (PD) typically have complaints of weakness. The mechanisms underlying this deficit have not been well established, although many factors may contribute...
- Nonmotor manifestations of dystonia: a systematic reviewDaniel J Kuyper
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
Mov Disord 26:1206-17. 2011..We will also discuss potential mechanisms and approaches to treatment for nonmotor features of dystonia...
- Corticospinal and intracortical excitability of the quadriceps in active older and younger healthy adultsJennifer E Stevens-Lapsley
Physical Therapy Program, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, United States
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 56:279-84. 2013....
- Teratogenicity of antiepileptic medicationsBenzi M Kluger
Department of Neurology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Semin Neurol 28:328-35. 2008..Management of women with epilepsy should include a discussion of these risks, prophylactic treatment with folic acid, and the minimal use of polypharmacy and valproate needed to maintain optimum seizure control...
- Disruption of reciprocal coordination by a medial frontal stroke sparing the corpus callosumBenzi M Kluger
Department of Neurology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 02366, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 20:230-1. 2007..We describe a man with a medial frontal stroke sparing the corpus callosum with a defect in Luria's reciprocal coordination test but otherwise intact motor abilities, including other tests of higher motor function...