C A Klug
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- The ETS family transcription factor PU.1 is necessary for the maintenance of fetal liver hematopoietic stem cellsHyung Gyoon Kim
Department of Microbiology and Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, WTI Room 387, 1824 Sixth Ave South, Birmingham AL 35294 3300, USA
Blood 104:3894-900. 2004..5 and e16.5. These data suggest that PU.1 plays an important role in the maintenance or expansion of HSC number in murine fetal liver...
- Hematopoietic stem cells and lymphoid progenitors express different Ikaros isoforms, and Ikaros is localized to heterochromatin in immature lymphocytesC A Klug
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5428, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:657-62. 1998..Unexpectedly, we found Ikaros localized to heterochromatin in Abelson-transformed pre-B lymphocytes by using immunogold electron microscopy. These observations suggest a complex role for Ikaros in lymphoid development...
- Inactivation of a GFP retrovirus occurs at multiple levels in long-term repopulating stem cells and their differentiated progenyC A Klug
Department of Pathology and Developmental Biology, Stanford University Medical Center, CA, USA
Blood 96:894-901. 2000..These observations suggest at least 2 distinct mechanisms of silencing retrovirally expressed genes in hematopoietic cells...
- Contribution of intrarenal cells to cellular repair after acute kidney injury: subcapsular implantation techniqueLisa M Curtis
Nephrology and Research Training Center, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 4412, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F310-4. 2008....
- Hematopoietic stem cell expansion and distinct myeloid developmental abnormalities in a murine model of the AML1-ETO translocationCristina G de Guzman
Department of Human Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1824 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:5506-17. 2002..This suggests that the principal contribution of AML1-ETO to acute myeloid leukemia is the inhibition of multiple developmental pathways...
- Expression of a non-DNA-binding isoform of Helios induces T-cell lymphoma in miceZheng Zhang
Department of Microbiology, Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL, USA
Blood 109:2190-7. 2007..These results demonstrate a vital function for Helios in maintaining normal homeostasis of developing T cells and formally show that non-DNA-binding isoforms of Helios are lymphomagenic if aberrantly expressed within the T-cell lineage...
- Enforced expression of EBF in hematopoietic stem cells restricts lymphopoiesis to the B cell lineageZheng Zhang
Department of Microbiology, Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
EMBO J 22:4759-69. 2003..These data suggest that EBF can restrict lymphopoiesis to the B cell lineage by blocking development of other lymphoid-derived cell pathways...
- Determination of lymphoid cell fate is dependent on the expression status of the IL-7 receptorSheetal J Purohit
Department of Microbiology and Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
EMBO J 22:5511-21. 2003..1(-)Ly-6C(-) cells failed to express EBF and Pax5. These results suggest that transient downregulation of IL-7R signaling is a necessary event for induction of EBF and Pax5 expression and B-lymphocyte commitment...
- Pax5 determines B- versus T-cell fate and does not block early myeloid-lineage developmentClaudiu V Cotta
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Blood 101:4342-6. 2003..These results implicate Pax5 as a critical regulator of B- versus T-cell developmental fate and suggest that Pax5 may promote commitment to the B-cell lineage by mechanisms that are independent of myeloid gene repression...
- The ETO domain is necessary for the developmental abnormalities associated with AML1-ETO expression in the hematopoietic stem cell compartment in vivoCristina G de Guzman
Department of Human Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 30:201-6. 2003....
- Activated Notch2 potentiates CD8 lineage maturation and promotes the selective development of B1 B cellsColleen M Witt
Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3300, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8637-50. 2003..This study implicates a role for Notch2 in the maturation of the CD8 lineage and suggests a novel function for Notch2 in the development of the B1 B-cell subset...
- TGFbeta/BMP inhibits the bone marrow transformation capability of Hoxa9 by repressing its DNA-binding abilityNing Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
EMBO J 25:1469-80. 2006....
- Differential gene expression profiling of adult murine hematopoietic stem cellsIn Kyung Park
University of Michigan, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor, USA
Blood 99:488-98. 2002..A large number of genes that were differentially expressed by enriched populations of HSCs and MPP cells were identified. These included transcription factors, signaling molecules, and previously unknown genes...
- Inactivation of Smad4 accelerates Kras(G12D)-mediated pancreatic neoplasiaKyoko Kojima
Department of Microbiology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Cancer Res 67:8121-30. 2007..This indicates that Smad4 is dispensable for normal pancreatic development but is critical for at least partial suppression of multiple Kras(G12D)-dependent disease-associated phenotypes...
- FLT3-ITD cooperates with inv(16) to promote progression to acute myeloid leukemiaHyung Gyoon Kim
Department of Microbiology, Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2182, USA
Blood 111:1567-74. 2008..These results indicate that FLT3-activating mutations can cooperate with CBFbeta-SMMHC in an animal model of inv(16)-associated AML...
- Roles of p15Ink4b and p16Ink4a in myeloid differentiation and RUNX1-ETO-associated acute myeloid leukemiaRose M Ko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, United States
Leuk Res 32:1101-11. 2008..These results strongly suggest that p15(Ink4b) loss must be accompanied by additional oncogenic changes for RUNX1-ETO-associated AML to develop...
- Notch2 haploinsufficiency results in diminished B1 B cells and a severe reduction in marginal zone B cellsColleen M Witt
Department of Microbiology, Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Immunol 171:2783-8. 2003..These results provide evidence that Notch2 plays a determining role in the development and/or the maintenance of B1 B and MZ B cells...