Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Acoustic startle in maltreated childrenRafael Klorman
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14620 0266, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 31:359-70. 2003..Results for girls were inconsistent: younger maltreated girls had smaller startle amplitude and slower onset latency than controls, whereas older maltreated girls exhibited the opposite pattern...
- Effects of methylphenidate on subtypes of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderErin B Gorman
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0266, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:808-16. 2006..To compare the effects of methylphenidate on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) subtypes...
- Error-related event-related potentials in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, reading disorder, and math disorderAndrea Burgio-Murphy
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0266, United States
Biol Psychol 75:75-86. 2007..The results reflect anomalies in error processing in these disorders but further research is needed to address inconsistencies in the literature...
- Performance and private speech of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder while taking the Tower of Hanoi test: effects of depth of search, diagnostic subtype, and methylphenidateHelena Kopecky
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester, RC Box 270266, Meliora Hall, Rochester, NY 14627 0266, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 33:625-38. 2005..The results support some differences between the two subtypes of ADHD in executive functioning and in their response to stimulant therapy...
- Effects of subtype of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adults on lateralized readiness potentials during a go/no-go choice reaction time taskErin B Gorman Bozorgpour
Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester
J Abnorm Psychol 122:868-78. 2013..The results suggest that adults with ADHD, particularly those with the combined subtype, exhibit weaker central preparation to respond to both stimuli requiring a motor response and those prompting response inhibition...
- Methylphenidate improves aspects of executive function in African American children with ADHDLeslie Ann Hazel-Fernandez
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Atten Disord 9:582-9. 2006..The undertreatment of ethnic minority children with ADHD prompted a study on the effects of methylphenidate (MPH) on the executive functions of African American children with ADHD...
- Effects of event probability and sequence on children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity, reading, and math disorderRafael Klorman
Meliora Hall, University of Rochester, RC Box 270266, Rochester, NY 14620 0266, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:795-804. 2002....