Affiliation: University of California
- How quality improvement interventions for depression affect stigma concerns over time: a nine-year follow-up studyRuth Klap
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, 10920 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:258-61. 2009..This study examined the long-term impact on stigma concerns of two quality improvement (QI) interventions for depression in primary care...
- Screening for domestic violence among adult women in the United StatesRuth Klap
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:579-84. 2007..Domestic violence is a problem frequently encountered in health care settings and a risk factor for physical and mental health problems...
- Clinical and subthreshold panic disorderAlexander Bystritsky
The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 8346, USA
Depress Anxiety 27:381-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to add to the accumulating evidence of significant comorbidity and disability associated with subthreshold PD...
- The use of herbal medications and dietary supplements by people with mental illnessNoosha Niv
Department of Veterans Affairs, Desert Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Community Ment Health J 46:563-9. 2010..The use of HMDS warrants particular attention in persons with perceived mental health problems as these individuals may be turning to HMDS use for treatment of their symptoms...
- The content of substance abuse and mental health counseling reported by patients in a national surveyCraig Landry
UCLA Health Services Research Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 37:279-86. 2010..Patient self-report may be one useful way of tracking whether components of standard therapies are implemented in practice...
- Applying permutation tests with adjustment for covariates and attrition weights to randomized trials of health-services interventionsLingqi Tang
Health Services Research Center, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, UCLA, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Stat Med 28:65-74. 2009....
- Longitudinal patterns of alcohol, drug, and mental health need and care in a national sample of U.S. adultsSusan E Stockdale
Health Services Research Center, Semel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:93-9. 2006..This study examined the level of transient and persistent need and unmet need over time among respondents to a national survey and whether need was met by provision of mental health services or resolved without treatment...
- Obstacles and opportunities in providing mental health services through a faith-based network in Los AngelesEmily Dossett
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, UCLA, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:206-8. 2005..Barriers to providing mental health services included limited professional training, reluctance to partner with government programs, and financial and staffing limitations...
- Persistent depression and anxiety in the United States: prevalence and quality of careAlexander S Young
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:1391-8. 2008..This study provided national estimates of the prevalence of persistent depression and anxiety, as well as estimates of illness severity, treatment use, and quality of care in this population...
- Using research to transform care for women veterans: advancing the research agenda and enhancing research-clinical partnershipsElizabeth M Yano
VA Greater Los Angeles HSR and D Center of Excellence for Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, Los Angeles, California 91343, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S73-83. 2011....
- Caring for mental illness in the United States: a focus on older adultsRuth Klap
Center for Health Services Research, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:517-24. 2003..The authors compared rates of common mental disorders and the use of primary care and specialty mental health services among younger and older adults...
- Mental health care for adults with suicide ideationRachel Brook
Health Services Research Center, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:271-7. 2006..To estimate mental health and substance abuse services use for adults with and without suicide ideation...
- Witness for Wellness: preliminary findings from a community-academic participatory research mental health initiativeRicky N Bluthenthal
Project Export, Department of Psychiatry, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S18-34. 2006..Continued monitoring of this project should help refine the model as well as assist in the identification of process and outcome measures for such efforts...