Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Y chromosome lineages in men of west African descentJada Benn Torres
Department of Anthropology, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29687. 2012....
- Fine-mapping of IL16 gene and prostate cancer risk in African AmericansKen Batai
Institute of Human Genetics, College of Medicine, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 4067, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:2059-68. 2012..Here we explore single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) variation in IL16 in AAs and test for association with prostate cancer...
- Genes and environments: moving toward personalized medicine in the context of health disparitiesRick Kittles
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60607 4067, USA
Ethn Dis 22:S1-43-6. 2012....
- An anthropological genetic perspective on Creolization in the Anglophone CaribbeanJada Benn Torres
Department of Anthropology, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 151:135-43. 2013..This study highlights the complex socio-cultural history of a broad region of the Caribbean and attests to the interplay between social and biological factors in shaping the genetic diversity present in present-day communities...
- Association of aldosterone synthase polymorphism (CYP11B2 -344T>C) and genetic ancestry with atrial fibrillation and serum aldosterone in African Americans with heart failureAdam Bress
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e71268. 2013..In addition, increased West African ancestry was associated with decreased serum aldosterone levels, potentially providing an explanation for the lower risk for AF observed among African Americans. ..