Genomes and Genes
Isabelle N King
Affiliation: University of California
- Hrt and Hes negatively regulate Notch signaling through interactions with RBP-JkappaIsabelle N King
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:446-52. 2006..These findings suggest a novel mechanism for negative feedback on Notch signaling that requires RBP-Jkappa to interact physically with Hrt and Hes...
- A genome-wide screen reveals a role for microRNA-1 in modulating cardiac cell polarityIsabelle N King
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Dev Cell 20:497-510. 2011..These findings illustrate the power of Drosophila-based screens to find points of intersection between miRNAs and conserved pathways in mammals...
- Hairy-related transcription factors inhibit GATA-dependent cardiac gene expression through a signal-responsive mechanismIrfan S Kathiriya
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
J Biol Chem 279:54937-43. 2004..These results suggest that HRT proteins may regulate specific sets of cardiac genes by modulating the function of GATA proteins and other cardiac transcriptional activators in a signal-dependent manner...
- Mutations in NOTCH1 cause aortic valve diseaseVidu Garg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
Nature 437:270-4. 2005..These results suggest that NOTCH1 mutations cause an early developmental defect in the aortic valve and a later de-repression of calcium deposition that causes progressive aortic valve disease...
- A rare human sequence variant reveals myocardin autoinhibitionJoshua F Ransom
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Biol Chem 283:35845-52. 2008..These findings identify a novel mechanism that regulates levels of MYOCD-dependent activation of the SRF genetic program differentially in cardiac and smooth muscle...
- Notch post-translationally regulates β-catenin protein in stem and progenitor cellsChulan Kwon
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease and Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, 1650 Owens Street, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nat Cell Biol 13:1244-51. 2011..It did, however, require the endocytic adaptor protein Numb and lysosomal activity. This study reveals a previously unrecognized function of Notch in negatively titrating active β-catenin protein levels in stem and progenitor cells...
- GATA4 mutations cause human congenital heart defects and reveal an interaction with TBX5Vidu Garg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Rm NA8 124, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
Nature 424:443-7. 2003..These results implicate GATA4 as a genetic cause of human cardiac septal defects, perhaps through its interaction with TBX5...
- Hairy-Related Factors in Cardiac Development and DiseaseISABELLE KING; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will conduct detailed in vitro assays to identify co-factors dependent on this novel domain, and we will generate mice harboring these mutations to study their functional consequences in vivo. ..