Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Adolescent suicide risk screening: the effect of communication about type of follow-up on adolescents' screening responsesCheryl A King
Department of Psychiatry and University of Michigan Depression Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 41:508-15. 2012....
- One-year follow-up of suicidal adolescents: parental history of mental health problems and time to post-hospitalization attemptCheryl A King
Departments of Psychiatry and Psychology, Institute for Human Adjustment, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2700, USA
J Youth Adolesc 39:219-32. 2010..Findings suggest the need to consider the family system when intervening with suicidal youth...
- Adolescent suicide risk screening in the emergency departmentCheryl A King
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, and the University of Michigan Depression Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:1234-41. 2009....
- The Youth-Nominated Support Team-Version II for suicidal adolescents: A randomized controlled intervention trialCheryl A King
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:880-93. 2009..For nonmultiple attempters, it was associated with greater declines in functional impairment (CAFAS) at 3 and 12 months (small effect sizes). YST-II had no effects on suicide attempts and no enduring effects on SIQ-JR scores...
- Intervention research with youths at elevated risk for suicide: meeting the ethical and regulatory challenges of informed consent and assentCheryl A King
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Depression Center at the University of Michigan, MI, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:486-97. 2008..Through the sharing of such methodological information, intervention researchers can support each other in conducting ethical research in a manner that does not unduly compromise scientific rigor...
- Social and interpersonal factors relating to adolescent suicidality: a review of the literatureCheryl A King
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Arch Suicide Res 12:181-96. 2008..Research support for the social constructs in several major theories of suicide is summarized and research challenges are discussed...
- Suicide across the life span: pathways to preventionC A King
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0390, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 28:328-37. 1998....
- Youth-Nominated Support Team for Suicidal Adolescents (Version 1): a randomized controlled trialCheryl A King
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0295, and Havenwyck Hospital, Auburn Hills, MI, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 74:199-206. 2006..This is the first randomized controlled clinical trial to investigate the efficacy of a social network intervention with suicidal youths...
- Major depressive disorder in adolescents: family psychiatric history predicts severe behavioral disinhibitionCheryl A King
University of Michigan, USA
J Affect Disord 90:111-21. 2006..This study was designed to determine whether family psychiatric histories differ between groups of MDD adolescents defined by the presence or absence of severe behavioral disinhibition...
- Predictors of multiple suicide attempts among suicidal black adolescentsChristopher Merchant
Department of Psychology, Uiversity of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 8109, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 39:115-24. 2009..Only suicidal ideation predicted multiple attempts among White youth and only higher interpersonal orientation predicted multiple suicide attempts within Black adolescents...
- Suicidal adolescents' social support from family and peers: gender-specific associations with psychopathologyDavid C R Kerr
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 34:103-114. 2006..Clinical implications and directions for future research are discussed...
- Depression and suicideCarrie Hatcher-Kay
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Pediatr Rev 24:363-71. 2003
- Prevalence of depression by race/ethnicity: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey IIIStephanie A Riolo
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, 2101 Commonwealth Blvd, Suite C, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 0766, USA
Am J Public Health 95:998-1000. 2005..Across racial/ethnic groups, poverty was a significant risk factor for major depressive disorder, but significant interactions occurred between race/ethnicity, gender, and education in relation to prevalence of dysthymic disorder...
- Remission of maternal depression: relations to family functioning and youth internalizing and externalizing symptomsCynthia Ewell Foster
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 37:714-24. 2008..9% of the variance...
- Assessment of psychiatrically hospitalized suicidal adolescents: self-report instruments as predictors of suicidal thoughts and behaviorAlissa C Huth Bocks
Department of Psychology, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:387-95. 2007..The validity and clinical utility of the Reynolds Adolescent Depression Scale, Beck Hopelessness Scale, Suicidal Ideation Questionnaire-Junior, and Suicide Probability Scale (SPS) were examined longitudinally among suicidal adolescents...
- Parent-adolescent agreement concerning adolescents' suicidal thoughts and behaviorsNicole M Klaus
Department of Psychology Psychiatry, University of Michigan Depression Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2700, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 38:245-55. 2009..History of multiple suicide attempts was associated with greater disagreement about suicidality...
- Parental identification of depression and mental health service use among depressed adolescentsDeirdre E Logan
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:296-304. 2002....
- Remissions in maternal depression and child psychopathology: a STAR*D-child reportMyrna M Weissman
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
JAMA 295:1389-98. 2006..Children of depressed parents have high rates of anxiety, disruptive, and depressive disorders that begin early, often continue into adulthood, and are impairing...
- Children of currently depressed mothers: a STAR*D ancillary studyDaniel J Pilowsky
Columbia University and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:126-36. 2006....
- Sequelae of aggression in acutely suicidal adolescentsDavid C R Kerr
Oregon Social Learning Center, Eugene, OR, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:817-30. 2007....
- Remission of maternal depression and child symptoms among single mothers: a STAR*D-Child reportArdesheer Talati
Dept of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 24, New York, NY 10032, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:962-71. 2007..This report examined the relationship of the presence of a father in the household to maternal depression remission and child outcomes...
- Adolescent Emergency Patients: Suicide Risk Detection and Treatment FacilitationCheryl King; Fiscal Year: 2007..The project's feasibility is strengthened by the team's extensive experience with adolescent suicide risk management. ..
- MidCareer Investigator Award: Health Behavior Interventions for Suicidal YouthCheryl King; Fiscal Year: 2007In this application for a Mid-Career Investigator Award, Cheryl King, Ph.D...
- Youth Support Team Intervention for Suicidal AdolescentsCheryl King; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..