Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Are community-level financial data adequate to assess population health investments?Tim Casper
Madison College, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E136. 2012..These challenges must be overcome to provide policy-relevant information for optimal population health resource allocation...
- Even as mortality fell in most US counties, female mortality nonetheless rose in 42.8 percent of counties from 1992 to 2006David A Kindig
Population Health Institute, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:451-8. 2013....
- How healthy could a state be?David Kindig
Population Health Institute, Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison 53726, USA
Public Health Rep 125:160-7. 2010..We predicted the amount of health outcome improvement any state might achieve if it could reach the highest level of key health determinants any individual state has already achieved...
- A population health framework for setting national and state health goalsDavid A Kindig
School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53726, USA
JAMA 299:2081-3. 2008
- Understanding population health terminologyDavid A Kindig
University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53726, USA
Milbank Q 85:139-61. 2007..This article defines and discusses many of the terms and concepts characterizing this emerging field...
- A pay-for-population health performance systemDavid A Kindig
Department of Population Health Sciences, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53726, USA
JAMA 296:2611-3. 2006
- What is population health?David Kindig
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison School of Medicine, Madison, USA
Am J Public Health 93:380-3. 2003..We present a rationale for this definition and note its differentiation from public health, health promotion, and social epidemiology. We invite critiques and discussion that may lead to some consensus on this emerging concept...
- Ranking community health status to stimulate discussion of local public health issues: the Wisconsin County Health RankingsPaul E Peppard
University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, Department of Population Health Sciences, Medical Sciences Center 1034, 1300 University Ave, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Am J Public Health 98:209-12. 2008..The institute implemented many of the health officers' suggestions for improvement of the rankings in subsequent editions. The methods employed to create the rankings should be applicable in other states...
- Grading and reporting health and health disparitiesBridget C Booske
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53726, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A16. 2010..Report cards can simplify complex information for lay audiences and garner media and policy maker attention. However, their development requires methodologic and value choices that may limit their interpretation...
- Dissemination research: the University of Wisconsin Population Health InstitutePatrick L Remington
University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, USA
WMJ 108:236-9, 255. 2009..Dissemination research serves an important role along the continuum of research and is increasingly recognized as an important way to improve population health by accelerating the translation of research into practice...
- Death rate variation in US subpopulationsDavid A Kindig
Department of Population Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53705 2397, USA
Bull World Health Organ 80:9-15. 2002..To account for variations in death rates in population subgroups of the USA...
- What new knowledge would help policymakers better balance investments for optimal health outcomes?David Kindig
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53726 2397, USA
Health Serv Res 38:1923-37. 2003..Review the limitations in cross-sectoral health outcomes research and suggest a future research agenda. DATA SOURCES, STUDY DESIGN, DATA COLLECTION: Literature review and workshop discussion...
- Message design strategies to raise public awareness of social determinants of health and population health disparitiesJeff Niederdeppe
Department of Communication, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 4203, USA
Milbank Q 86:481-513. 2008..Raising public awareness of the importance of social determinants of health (SDH) and health disparities presents formidable communication challenges...
- Variation in Chinese population health related quality of life: results from a EuroQol study in Beijing, ChinaHong Wang
Global Health Division, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Qual Life Res 14:119-32. 2005..Fourth, Chinese HRQoL has strong association relationship with population socio-economic status (SES), which might imply that issues brought on by the rapid economic transition have both positive and negative impacts on Chinese HRQoL...
- Increasing educational disparities in premature adult mortality, Wisconsin, 1990-2000Eric N Reither
Utah State University, 0730 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322 0730, USA
WMJ 105:38-41. 2006..Public health agencies have identified the elimination of health disparities as a major policy objective...