Eva R Kimonis
Affiliation: University of California
- Can a laboratory measure of emotional processing enhance the statistical prediction of aggression and delinquency in detained adolescents with callous-unemotional traits?Eva R Kimonis
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, School of Social Ecology, University of California, 3325 Social Ecology II, Irvine, CA 92697 7085, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:773-85. 2007..Youth high on CU traits and who showed a deficit in their responses to visual depictions of distress showed the highest levels of aggression and violent delinquency...
- A multimethod assessment of juvenile psychopathy: comparing the predictive utility of the PCL:YV, YPI, and NEO PRIElizabeth Cauffman
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 7085, USA
Psychol Assess 21:528-42. 2009....
- Psychopathy, aggression, and the processing of emotional stimuli in non-referred girls and boysEva R Kimonis
University of California, Irvine, USA
Behav Sci Law 24:21-37. 2006..Also, the associations among aggression, psychopathic traits, and responsiveness to distressing stimuli did not differ for boys and girls...
- Types of aggression, responsiveness to provocation, and callous-unemotional traits in detained adolescentsLuna C Munoz
Center for Developmental Research, BSR, Psychology Department, Orebro University, 701 82 Orebro, Sweden
J Abnorm Child Psychol 36:15-28. 2008..Further, results revealed a trend for the combined group to show lower levels of skin conductance reactivity to low provocation if they were also high on callous-unemotional traits...
- Verbal ability and delinquency: testing the moderating role of psychopathic traitsLuna C Munoz
Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:414-21. 2008..Thus, the aim of the current study was to examine whether psychopathy moderates the relationship between verbal abilities and delinquent behavior in a sample of detained youth...
- Callous-unemotional traits and the emotional processing of distress cues in detained boys: testing the moderating role of aggression, exposure to community violence, and histories of abuseEva R Kimonis
Institute for Behavioral Sciences and the Law, 750 SE 3rd Avenue, Suite 204, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, USA
Dev Psychopathol 20:569-89. 2008..Further, youth high on CU traits but with enhanced orienting to distressing stimuli had stronger histories of abuse, supporting the possibility that there may be environmentally influenced pathways in the development of these traits...
- Assessing callous-unemotional traits in adolescent offenders: validation of the Inventory of Callous-Unemotional TraitsEva R Kimonis
Department of Mental Health Law and Policy, Louis de la Parte Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida, 13301 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Int J Law Psychiatry 31:241-52. 2008..There were some important differences across the three facets of the ICU in their associations with these key external criteria...
- Callous-unemotional traits and delinquent peer affiliationEva R Kimonis
Department of Psychology, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70148, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:956-66. 2004..In contrast, the mediational role of these variables was much weaker at the last 2 assessment points...
- Callous-unemotional traits in predicting the severity and stability of conduct problems and delinquencyPaul J Frick
Department of Psychology, University of New Orleans, Orleans, LA 70148, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 33:471-87. 2005..In fact, the second highest rate of self-reported delinquency in the sample was found for the group of children who were high on CU traits but without conduct problems at the start of the study...