M E Kimerling
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Molecular differentiation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains without IS6110 insertionsKerry H Lok
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0022, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:1310-3. 2002..By using various genotyping methods, we demonstrated that this zero band cluster can be differentiated into six genotypes...
- Molecular typing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains with a common two-band IS6110 patternKerry H Lok
University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0022, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:1303-5. 2002..Spoligotyping and pattern of variable number of tandem repeats identified 10 molecular groups; two found by conventional methods were subdivided...
- Restriction fragment length polymorphism screening of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates: population surveillance for targeting disease transmission in a communityM E Kimerling
Division of International Health, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0022, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2:655-62. 1998..Alabama State Tuberculosis Control Program, USA...
- The risk of MDR-TB and polyresistant tuberculosis among the civilian population of Tomsk city, Siberia, 1999M E Kimerling
Department of General Internal Medicine, UAB School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 7:866-72. 2003..Tomsk, Siberia, Russian Federation...
- Prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis among HIV-infected persons in a home care program in Phnom Penh, CambodiaM E Kimerling
Gorgas Memorial Institute, Initiative for Tuberculosis Control, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 6:988-94. 2002..Phnom Penh, Cambodia...
- Preventable childhood tuberculosis in Alabama: implications and opportunityM E Kimerling
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Pediatrics 105:E53. 2000..Childhood tuberculosis (TB) cases indicate recent community transmission and thus reflect the effectiveness of TB control efforts, particularly the contact investigation...
- Spot sputum screening: evaluation of an intervention in two homeless sheltersM E Kimerling
Division of General Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 3:613-9. 1999..Two homeless shelters in Birmingham, Alabama...
- Inadequacy of the current WHO re-treatment regimen in a central Siberian prison: treatment failure and MDR-TBM E Kimerling
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 3:451-3. 1999..6%. Such a rate is a warning call to reconsider prison control strategies, and importantly, to address the treatment regimens necessary to combat an institutional epidemic of MDR-TB...
- Identification of a contaminating Mycobacterium tuberculosis strain with a transposition of an IS6110 insertion element resulting in an altered spoligotypeW H Benjamin
The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294-0012, USA
J Clin Microbiol 39:1092-6. 2001..Traditional epidemiologic techniques are a necessary complement to molecular fingerprinting so that radical changes within the fingerprint pattern can be identified...
- The cost of intensified case finding and isoniazid preventive therapy for HIV-infected patients in Battambang, CambodiaB S Sutton
Department of Finance, Economics and Quantitative Methods, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 4460, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 13:713-8. 2009..The current study evaluates one of four pilot sites initiated in Cambodia to establish feasible and effective ways to manage patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and tuberculosis (TB)...
- Predictors of smear-negative pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients, Battambang, CambodiaA Tamhane
Department of Medicine, Gorgas Tuberculosis Initiative, Division of Infectious Diseases, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 13:347-54. 2009..Retrospective data analysis of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infected patients attending an HIV clinic (referral hospital), Cambodia. Chest X-rays (CXRs) were read independently by onsite and offsite physicians...
- Pulmonary tuberculosis among patients visiting a voluntary confidential counseling and testing center, CambodiaP Chheng
Gorgas Tuberculosis Initiative, William C Gorgas Center for Geographic Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 12:54-62. 2008..Voluntary counseling and confidential testing center (VCCT), Battambang District, Cambodia...
- Evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of tuberculosis educational activities for prisoners in HondurasJ M Mangan
Lung Health Center and Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35233 7337, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:1152-8. 2006..Prisons throughout Honduras...
- Standardizing contact investigation protocolsL B Gerald
Lung Health Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham 35233 7337, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 7:S369-74. 2003..The State of Alabama Department of Public Health Division of Tuberculosis Control...
- Hospital DOTS linkage in Indonesia: a model for DOTS expansion into government and private hospitalsS R Irawati
Indonesian Hospital Association, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:33-9. 2007..To accelerate DOTS expansion, the hospital sector and specialized chest clinics must be engaged...