Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Negative regulation of NF-κB by the ING4 tumor suppressor in breast cancerSara A Byron
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46823. 2012..Consequently, down-regulation of ING4 leads to activation of NF-κB, contributing to tumor progression and reduced disease-free patient survival in breast cancer...
- A dominant mutant allele of the ING4 tumor suppressor found in human cancer cells exacerbates MYC-initiated mouse mammary tumorigenesisSuwon Kim
G W Hooper Research Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Res 70:5155-62. 2010..Our results provide direct functional evidence that ING4 could suppress the early stages of breast cancer and that dominant mutant alleles of ING4 might contribute to malignant development...
- A screen for genes that suppress loss of contact inhibition: identification of ING4 as a candidate tumor suppressor gene in human cancerSuwon Kim
The G W Hooper Research Foundation and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16251-6. 2004..Ectopic expression of ING4 attenuated the growth of T47D human breast cancer cells in soft agar. We conclude that ING4 is a strong candidate as a tumor suppressor gene...
- MET and MYC cooperate in mammary tumorigenesisAlana L Welm
G W Hooper Research Foundation and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4324-9. 2005..The approach described here should provide a useful model with which to efficiently test effects of various genes on tumor development in the breast...
- Therapeutic potential of a synthetic lethal interaction between the MYC proto-oncogene and inhibition of aurora-B kinaseDun Yang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, G W Hooper Research Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13836-41. 2010....
- Transient induction of ING4 by Myc drives prostate epithelial cell differentiation and its disruption drives prostate tumorigenesisPenny L Berger
Authors Affiliations Laboratory of Integrin Signaling Laboratory of Translational Imaging and Laboratory of Analytical Pathology and Van Andel Institute Graduate School, Grand Rapids Genetics Graduate Program, Michigan State University, Lansing, Michigan and Tranlational Genomics Research Institute and University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, Arizona
Cancer Res 74:3357-68. 2014..The clinical implication is that Pten/ING4 negative and ING4-only negative tumors may reflect two distinct subtypes of prostate cancer...