Affiliation: University of California
- Optical coherence tomography speckle reduction by a partially spatially coherent sourceJeehyun Kim
University of Texas at Austin, College of Engineering, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Austin, Texas 78703, USA
J Biomed Opt 10:064034. 2005..Interferograms recorded using a single-mode source fiber are indicative of those observed using conventional OCT. Speckle in OCT images recorded using a multimode source fiber is substantially reduced...
- Use of optical coherence tomography to monitor biological tissue freezing during cryosurgeryBernard Choi
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92612, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:282-6. 2004..OCT can be used as a feedback tool during cryosurgical procedures to monitor progression of the freezing front...
- Hemoglobin contrast in magnetomotive optical Doppler tomographyJeehyun Kim
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California at Irvine, 1002 Health Sciences Road East, Irvine, California 92612, USA
Opt Lett 31:778-80. 2006..Results suggest that MM-ODT may be a promising technique with which to image blood flow...
- Spatial refractive index measurement of porcine artery using differential phase optical coherence microscopyJeehyun Kim
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Lasers Surg Med 38:955-9. 2006..We describe a methodology to record spatial variation of refractive index of porcine renal artery using differential phase optical coherence microscopy (DP-OCM)...
- Thermal depth profiling of vascular lesions: automated regularization of reconstruction algorithmsWim Verkruysse
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Phys Med Biol 53:1463-74. 2008..Similar, or better, accuracy reconstructions can be achieved with an automated regularization procedure which enhances prospects for user friendly implementation of PPTR to optimize laser therapy on an individual patient basis...
- Methods to enhance laser speckle imaging of high-flow and low-flow vasculatureBernard Choi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:4073-6. 2009..01 ms, the linear response range extended to 10 and 280 mm/s, respectively. With application of an AC magnetic field to a solution of stagnant SPIO particles, an apparent increase of approximately 3x in speckle flow index was induced...
- Dependence of calculus retropulsion dynamics on fiber size and radiant exposure during Ho:YAG lithotripsyHo Lee
Dept of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Texas Longhorns, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Biomech Eng 126:506-15. 2004..The re-entrance flow of water induced by the bubble collapse is considered to be the cause of the rocking of the phantom...
- Detection of vulnerable plaque in a murine model of atherosclerosis with optical coherence tomographyMehmet Cilingiroglu
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 67:915-23. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of optical coherence tomography (OCT) to identify the components of vulnerable plaques in a well-established murine model of human atherosclerosis...