Eric S Kim
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Prospective study of the association between dispositional optimism and incident heart failureEric S Kim
From the Department of Psychology E S K, J S and Institute for Social Research J S, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA L D K
Circ Heart Fail 7:394-400. 2014..In the United States, 80% of heart failures occur in adults aged 65+ years. Therefore, we examined whether higher optimism was linked with a reduced incidence of heart failure among older adults...
- Are people healthier if their partners are more optimistic? The dyadic effect of optimism on health among older adultsEric S Kim
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, United States Electronic address
J Psychosom Res 76:447-53. 2014..However, researchers have not examined how a spouse's optimism might impact an individual's health. We hypothesized that being optimistic (and having an optimistic spouse) would both be associated with better health...
- Life satisfaction and frequency of doctor visitsEric S Kim
MS, Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 530 Church St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1043
Psychosom Med 76:86-93. 2014..96, 95% confidence interval = 0.93-0.99). Conclusions Higher life satisfaction is associated with fewer doctor visits, which may have important implications for reducing health care costs. ..
- Perceived neighborhood social cohesion and strokeEric S Kim
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 530 Church Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1043, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 97:49-55. 2013..The effect of perceived neighborhood social cohesion remained significant after adjusting for a comprehensive set of risk factors. Therefore, perceived neighborhood social cohesion plays an important role in protecting against stroke...
- Purpose in life and reduced incidence of stroke in older adults: 'The Health and Retirement Study'Eric S Kim
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1043, USA
J Psychosom Res 74:427-32. 2013..To determine whether purpose in life is associated with reduced stroke incidence among older adults after adjusting for relevant sociodemographic, behavioral, biological, and psychosocial factors...
- Purpose in life and reduced risk of myocardial infarction among older U.S. adults with coronary heart disease: a two-year follow-upEric S Kim
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 2250 East Hall, 530 Church Street, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 1043, USA
J Behav Med 36:124-33. 2013..Higher purpose in life may play an important role in protecting against myocardial infarction among older American adults with coronary heart disease...
- Dispositional optimism protects older adults from stroke: the Health and Retirement StudyEric S Kim
Department of Psychology, 530 Church Street, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1043, USA
Stroke 42:2855-9. 2011..We examined whether higher optimism was associated with a lower incidence of stroke...
- A meta-analytic review of the Penn Resiliency Program's effect on depressive symptomsSteven M Brunwasser
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 530 Church Street, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:1042-54. 2009....