Affiliation: University of Washington
- Recruitment and retention in the Navajo Area Indian Health ServiceC Kim
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program Box 357183 University of Washington School of Medicine Seattle, WA 98195, USA
West J Med 173:240-3. 2000..To determine why physicians and midlevel providers join, leave, or stay in Navajo Area Indian Health Service (IHS)...
- Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in octogenarians and nonagenariansC Kim
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Washington, Campus Box 357183, Seattle, WA 98195 7183, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:3439-43. 2000..Studies of elderly patients who have out-of-hospital cardiac arrest have contradictory results. The studies usually define elderly patients as those older than 70 years, and include relatively few octogenarians and nonagenarians...
- Diabetes and depot medroxyprogesterone contraception in Navajo womenC Kim
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Box 357183, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7183, USA
Arch Intern Med 161:1766-71. 2001..However, depot medroxyprogesterone may lead to weight gain and independently decrease insulin sensitivity. We studied the association between depot medroxyprogesterone and development of diabetes in Navajo women...
- Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in men and womenC Kim
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Circulation 104:2699-703. 2001..After adjustment for VF and other factors, women had higher resuscitation rates than men, but similar rates of survival from event to discharge...
- Medical therapy or coronary artery bypass graft surgery for chronic stable angina: an update using decision analysisY S Kwok
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105-6920, USA
Am J Med 111:89-95. 2001..The improvements were of similar magnitude in both groups, so the fundamental conclusions of the bypass trials are unchanged...
- Pharmacologic stress testing for coronary disease diagnosis: A meta-analysisC Kim
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am Heart J 142:934-44. 2001..We compared the performance of pharmacologic stress tests combined with echocardiography or nuclear imaging for the diagnosis of coronary disease...