Affiliation: University of Florida
Location: , USA
- Nehela Y, Hijaz F, Elzaawely A, El Zahaby H, Killiny N. Phytohormone profiling of the sweet orange (Citrus sinensis (L.) Osbeck) leaves and roots using GC-MS-based method. J Plant Physiol. 2016;199:12-17 pubmed publisher..The method we used is efficient, precise, and appropriate to study citrus phytohormonal profiles to understand their crosstalk and responses to environmental and biological stresses. ..
- Killiny N, Harper S, Alfaress S, El Mohtar C, Dawson W. Minor Coat and Heat Shock Proteins Are Involved in the Binding of Citrus Tristeza Virus to the Foregut of Its Aphid Vector, Toxoptera citricida. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:6294-6302 pubmed..These findings will help in understanding the transmission mechanism of CTV by the aphid vector and may help in developing control strategies which interfere with the CTV binding to its insect vector to block the transmission. ..
- Hijaz F, Killiny N. A gas chromatography-mass spectrometry method for the determination of delta-aminolevulinic acid in plant leaves. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1447:57-63 pubmed publisher..The GC-MS method developed in this study is simple, accurate, sensitive, and could also be used to measure ?-ALA in other biological samples. ..
- Killiny N, Martinez R, Dumenyo C, Cooksey D, Almeida R. The exopolysaccharide of Xylella fastidiosa is essential for biofilm formation, plant virulence, and vector transmission. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2013;26:1044-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an essential role for EPS in X. fastidiosa interactions with both plants and insects. ..
- Killiny N, Hijaz F, Ebert T, Rogers M. A Plant Bacterial Pathogen Manipulates Its Insect Vector's Energy Metabolism. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83: pubmed publisher..These findings increase our knowledge of insect transmission of the persistent-circulative-propagative type of plant pathogens vectored by insects. ..
- Killiny N, Valim M, Jones S, Omar A, Hijaz F, Gmitter F, et al. Metabolically speaking: Possible reasons behind the tolerance of 'Sugar Belle' mandarin hybrid to huanglongbing. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2017;116:36-47 pubmed publisher..If tolerance of these hybrids is confirmed, they could be used to replace the traditionally susceptible cultivars. ..
- Kishk A, Hijaz F, Anber H, AbdEl Raof T, El Sherbeni A, Hamed S, et al. RNA interference of acetylcholinesterase in the Asian citrus psyllid, Diaphorina citri, increases its susceptibility to carbamate and organophosphate insecticides. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2017;143:81-89 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that silencing of AChE and ChE genes in D. citri to increase its susceptibility to insecticides could be a promising tool for the control of this important vector...