Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- The p80 homology region of TEP1 is sufficient for its association with the telomerase and vault RNAs, and the vault particleMichael J Poderycki
Department of Biological Chemistry and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:893-902. 2005..Antisense oligonucleotide-directed RNase H digestion of endogenous VR indicates that this region is largely single stranded, suggesting that TEP1 may require access to the VR central loop for efficient binding...
- The 193-kD vault protein, VPARP, is a novel poly(ADP-ribose) polymeraseV A Kickhoefer
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1737, USA
J Cell Biol 146:917-28. 1999..A portion of p193 is nuclear and localizes to the mitotic spindle...
- The TROVE module: a common element in Telomerase, Ro and Vault ribonucleoproteinsAlex Bateman
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 4:49. 2003..Ribonucleoproteins carry out a variety of important tasks in the cell. In this study we show that a number of these contain a novel module, that we speculate mediates RNA-binding...
- Vaults and telomerase share a common subunit, TEP1V A Kickhoefer
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 274:32712-7. 1999..The sharing of the TEP1 protein between vaults and telomerase suggests that TEP1 may play a common role in some aspect of ribonucleoprotein structure, function, or assembly...
- The Telomerase/vault-associated protein TEP1 is required for vault RNA stability and its association with the vault particleV A Kickhoefer
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Cell Biol 152:157-64. 2001..Therefore, we have uncovered a novel role for TEP1 in vivo as an integral vault protein important for the stabilization and recruitment of the vault RNA to the vault particle...
- The La RNA-binding protein interacts with the vault RNA and is a vault-associated proteinValerie A Kickhoefer
Department of Biological Chemistry, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 33 131 CHS mail code 173717, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
J Biol Chem 277:41282-6. 2002..Moreover, we also demonstrate that the La autoantigen is the 50-kDa protein that we have previously reported as a protein that co-purifies with vaults...
- Identification of conserved vault RNA expression elements and a non-expressed mouse vault RNA geneValerie A Kickhoefer
Department of Biological Chemistry and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, 33 131 CHS mail code 173717, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Gene 309:65-70. 2003..Furthermore, the unique arrangement of the internal promoter boxes (one A and two B boxes) is conserved in the expressed human vRNA genes even though a new RNA polymerase III termination sequence has evolved between the two B boxes...
- Analysis of MVP and VPARP promoters indicates a role for chromatin remodeling in the regulation of MVPNil Emre
The Department of Biological Chemistry and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1678:33-46. 2004..These results suggest that up-regulation of MVP in multi-drug resistance (MDR) may involve chromatin remodeling...
- A simpler way of comparing the labelling densities of cellular compartments illustrated using data from VPARP and LAMP-1 immunogold labelling experimentsTerry Mayhew
School of Biomedical Sciences, Queen s Medical Centre, E Floor, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Histochem Cell Biol 119:333-41. 2003..This approach provides a simple and efficient way of comparing LDs in different compartments. Its utility is illustrated using data from VPARP and LAMP-1 labelling experiments...