Asma A Khan
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- The development of a diagnostic instrument for the measurement of mechanical allodyniaAsma A Khan
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Department of Endodontics, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Endod 33:663-6. 2007..3-0.64) and substantial for intra-observer reliability (0.63-0.68). Thus, the force transducer used in our study is a reliable method to measure mechanical pain thresholds in endodontic patients...
- Measurement of mechanical allodynia and local anesthetic efficacy in patients with irreversible pulpitis and acute periradicular periodontitisAsma A Khan
Department of Endodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Endod 33:796-9. 2007....
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha enhances the sensitivity of rat trigeminal neurons to capsaicinA A Khan
Department of Endodontics, MC 7892, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Neuroscience 155:503-9. 2008..Thus, increased sensitization and up-regulation of TRPV1 constitutes a potential mechanism by which TNFalpha mediates inflammatory hyperalgesia and pain...
- The incidence of mechanical allodynia in patients with irreversible pulpitisChristopher B Owatz
Department of Endodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Endod 33:552-6. 2007..2%, indicating that periradicular mechanical allodynia contributes to early stages of odontogenic pain because of inflammation of vital pulpal tissue...
- Differential expression of microRNAs in normal and inflamed human pulpsSheng Zhong
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Endod 38:746-52. 2012..The purpose of this study was to examine the differential expression of miRNAs in normal and inflamed human dental pulps and to explore their functional gene targets...
- Effect of calcium hydroxide on proinflammatory cytokines and neuropeptidesAsma A Khan
Department of Endodontics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7450, USA
J Endod 34:1360-3. 2008..001). We concluded that denaturation of these proinflammatory mediators is a potential mechanism by which Ca(OH)(2) contributes to the resolution of periradicular periodontitis...
- In vivo selectivity of a selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitor in the oral surgery modelAsma A Khan
Pain and Neurosensory Mechanisms Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD 20892 1258, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 72:44-9. 2002..This study examined the in vivo selectivity of celecoxib, a COX-2 inhibitor, and evaluated whether estimates of selectivity that are based on in vitro and ex vivo analyses are reliable indicators of in vivo selectivity...
- Cytokine Regulation of Periradicular Pain in HumansAsma Khan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dr Kenneth Kornman of IL Genetics will serve as a consultant on this project and will oversee the genotyping and genetic analysis. Statistical consultation will be provided by Dr. Brad Pollock. ..