Ahsan Y Khan
Affiliation: University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita
- Clinical and demographic factors associated with DSM-IV melancholic depressionAhsan Y Khan
University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita, Department of Psychiatry, Wichita, KS, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 18:91-8. 2006..The purpose of this paper is to use demographic and clinical data from a large diverse group of outpatients diagnosed with non-psychotic major depression to investigate the validity of the DSM-IV concept of melancholic depression...
- Diurnal mood variation in outpatients with major depressive disorderDavid W Morris
Mood Disorders Program and Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Exchange Park Express, American General Tower, 6363 Forest Park Road, Suite 13 354, Dallas, TX 75390 9119, USA
Depress Anxiety 26:851-63. 2009..This report used data from the sequenced treatment alternatives to relieve depression study to determine whether DMV was associated with treatment outcome to citalopram...
- Response to a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (citalopram) in major depressive disorder with melancholic features: a STAR*D reportPatrick J McGrath
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University and New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1847-55. 2008....
- Diurnal mood variation in outpatients with major depressive disorder: implications for DSM-V from an analysis of the Sequenced Treatment Alternatives to Relieve Depression Study dataDavid W Morris
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9119, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1339-47. 2007....
- Rational use of multiple medications in medicine and psychiatry: a dimensional perspectiveSheldon H Preskorn
Department of Psychiatry, University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita, Wichita, Kansas, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 19:54-61. 2013..g., such as are often used to treat bipolar disorder). By better understanding the principles involved in rational MMU, clinicians can optimize the treatment they provide their patients. (Journal of Psychiatric Practice 2013;19:54-61)...
- Challenging the established diagnosis in psychiatric practice: is it worth it?Ahsan Y Khan
University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita, Wichita, KS 67214, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 14:67-72. 2008..In reviewing the cases, the authors focus on "red flags," such as lack of response to the current medication regimen despite adherence to treatment, that may be helpful in identifying diagnostic errors...
- Can hypnosis differentiate epileptic from nonepileptic events in the video/EEG monitoring unit? Data from a pilot studyAhsan Y Khan
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita, Wichita, KS 67214, USA
Epilepsy Behav 15:314-7. 2009..Various procedures have been used to precipitate nonepileptic events. The goal of this study was to use hypnosis in seizure provocation and differentiation between epileptic and nonepileptic seizure events...
- Mania possibly induced by desvenlafaxineRachna Kalia
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 16:58-62. 2010..To our knowledge, this is the first such documented case with this new antidepressant. The discussion focuses on the concept of the bipolar spectrum, and how to view patients who have only become manic while taking antidepressants...
- Menopause manifesting as bipolar symptomsAhsan Y Khan
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 13:339-42. 2007
- Response to SSRI-induced enuresis: a case reportMohamed Ibrahim Ramadan
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:98-9. 2006