D H Kett
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Anidulafungin compared with fluconazole in severely ill patients with candidemia and other forms of invasive candidiasis: support for the 2009 IDSA treatment guidelines for candidiasisDaniel H Kett
The Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1611 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Crit Care 15:R253. 2011..To validate these guidelines, clinical trial data were reviewed...
- Development and implementation of a performance improvement project in adult intensive care units: overview of the Improving Medicine Through Pathway Assessment of Critical Therapy in Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia (IMPACT-HAP) studyJulie E Mangino
The Ohio State University, 410 West 10th Ave, N 1150 Doan Hall Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Crit Care 15:R38. 2011..Our objectives were to develop and implement the project, and to assess compliance with quality indicators in adults admitted to intensive care units (ICUs) with HAP, VAP, or HCAP...
- Anidulafungin compared with fluconazole for treatment of candidemia and other forms of invasive candidiasis caused by Candida albicans: a multivariate analysis of factors associated with improved outcomeAnnette C Reboli
Division of Infectious Diseases, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, 2 Aquarium Drive, Suite 305, Camden, NJ 08103, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:261. 2011..We sought to better understand the factors associated with the enhanced efficacy of anidulafungin and hypothesized that intrinsic properties of the antifungal agents contributed to the treatment differences...
- Recurrent portopulmonary hypertension after liver transplantation: management with epoprostenol and resolution after retransplantationD H Kett
Divisions of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Liver Transpl 7:645-8. 2001..Intravenous epoprostenol was administered perioperatively to control the pulmonary hypertension in both instances...
- Candida bloodstream infections in intensive care units: analysis of the extended prevalence of infection in intensive care unit studyDaniel H Kett
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, USA
Crit Care Med 39:665-70. 2011..To provide a global, up-to-date picture of the prevalence, treatment, and outcomes of Candida bloodstream infections in intensive care unit patients and compare Candida with bacterial bloodstream infection...
- Implementation of guidelines for management of possible multidrug-resistant pneumonia in intensive care: an observational, multicentre cohort studyDaniel H Kett
University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami, FL 33156, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 11:181-9. 2011..We aimed to improve compliance with these guidelines and assess outcomes...
- A randomized study of the efficacy and safety of intravenous acetaminophen vs. intravenous placebo for the treatment of feverD H Kett
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, The Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:32-9. 2011..v. was well tolerated, and the frequency of adverse events was comparable to that after administration of i.v. placebo. This study shows that i.v. acetaminophen in a single 1,000-mg dose is safe and effective in reducing fever...