Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Breast-feeding history and overweight in Latino preschoolersMargaret Kersey
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:355-8. 2005..Describe the relationship between breast-feeding history and risk of overweight in the preschool years in a sample of primarily Mexican-origin Latinos...
- Hunger in young children of Mexican immigrant familiesMargaret Kersey
Department of Pediatrics, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Public Health Nutr 10:390-5. 2007..To measure rates of hunger and food insecurity among young US-born Latino children with Mexican immigrant parents (Latinos) compared with a non-immigrant non-Latino population (non-Latinos) in a low-income clinic population...
- Overweight in Latino preschoolers: do parental health beliefs matter?Margaret Kersey
Department of Pediatrics, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Health Behav 34:340-8. 2010..To characterize the knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs (KAB) regarding childhood obesity among parents of Latino preschoolers...
- Anaemia, lead poisoning and vitamin D deficiency in low-income children: do current screening recommendations match the burden of illness?Margaret Kersey
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Public Health Nutr 14:1424-8. 2011..We sought to determine the relative prevalence of and the relationship among vitamin D deficiency, anaemia and EBLL among healthy low-income paediatric clinic patients...
- Household food insecurity is a risk factor for iron-deficiency anaemia in a multi-ethnic, low-income sample of infants and toddlersKyong Park
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, 1300 South Second Street, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Public Health Nutr 12:2120-8. 2009..The present study examines the relationships of household food security status with Fe deficiency (ID) and Fe-deficiency anaemia (IDA) among children less than 3 years of age, and associated factors that contribute to ID and IDA...
- Assuring the health of immigrants: what the leading health indicators tell usNamratha R Kandula
University of Chicago, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 25:357-76. 2004..In this paper, we discuss the health of immigrants from the perspective of these LHIs, as they provide a framework for anticipating some of the future health needs of immigrants and help define priority areas for research and action...