Affiliation: University of California
- Maternal-fetal medicine subspecialists' provision of second-trimester termination servicesJennifer L Kerns
Division of San Francisco General Hospital, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Perinatol 29:709-16. 2012..Most abortions for pregnancy complications occur in the second trimester. Little is known about whether maternal-fetal medicine subspecialists (MFMs) perform terminations for these women...
- Women's decision making regarding choice of second trimester termination method for pregnancy complicationsJennifer Kerns
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco, Division of San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 116:244-8. 2012..To describe how women terminating a pregnancy for fetal or maternal complications decide between surgical (dilation and evacuation [D&E]) and medical abortion...
- Vaginal ring contraceptionJennifer Kerns
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Contraception 83:107-15. 2011..Recent studies have demonstrated that vaginal rings can also be effective means of delivering antiretroviral drugs that provide protection from HIV...
- Implementation of expedited partner therapy among women with chlamydia infection at an urban family planning clinicJennifer L Kerns
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:722-6. 2011..Many clinical practices have adopted EPT as the principal treatment strategy for male partners. Little is known about its application and effectiveness in a community setting...
- Characteristics of women who undergo second-trimester abortion in the setting of a fetal anomalyJennifer L Kerns
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Contraception 85:63-8. 2012..Most women diagnosed with a fetal anomaly terminate the pregnancy. Little is known about utilization of two procedures: dilation and evacuation (D&E) and induction termination...
- Partner influence on early discontinuation of the pill in a predominantly Hispanic populationJennifer Kerns
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University, New York, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 35:256-60. 2003..Although studies have examined U.S. pill users' patterns of discontinuation, little is known about pill discontinuation, and the effects of partner influence, among Hispanics...