Affiliation: University of California
- Propensity score analysis in the Genetic Analysis Workshop 17 simulated data set on independent individualsChen Min Lin
Department of Psychiatry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, 695 Charles E, Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1761, USA
BMC Proc 5:S71. 2011....
- Genome-wide association study in bipolar patients stratified by co-morbidityBerit Kerner
Department of Psychiatry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28477. 2011..Bipolar disorder is a severe psychiatric disorder with high heritability. Co-morbid conditions are common and might define latent subgroups of patients that are more homogeneous with respect to genetic risk factors...
- A multilevel linear mixed model of the association between candidate genes and weight and body mass index using the Framingham longitudinal family dataJian An Luan
Medical Research Council Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Metabolic Science, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
BMC Proc 3:S115. 2009..Linkage disequilibrium (LD) between the two FTO SNPs was strong (D' = 0.997, r2 = 0.875) but their haplotype was not significantly associated with either weight or BMI. The two SNPs near MC4R were in weak LD (D' = 0.487, r2 = 0.166)...
- Growth mixture modelling in families of the Framingham Heart StudyBerit Kerner
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, 695 Charles E Young Drive South, Room 4357B, Box 951761, Los Angeles, California 90095 1761, USA
BMC Proc 3:S114. 2009....
- Polymorphisms in the GRIA1 gene region in psychotic bipolar disorderBerit Kerner
Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, 90095 1761, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:24-32. 2009..Our findings suggest that variations in this receptor may contribute to the pathophysiology of BP with psychotic features in some families...
- Co-regulation and multilocus determinants of gene expression in humansBerit Kerner
Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, 695 Charles E, Young Drive South, Los Angeles, California 90095 1761, USA
BMC Proc 1:S88. 2007..CONCLUSION : The complex nature of gene regulation can be explored by linkage analysis with single-nucleotide polymorphisms followed by multivariate methods to explore co-regulation...
- Evidence of linkage to psychosis on chromosome 5q33-34 in pedigrees ascertained for bipolar disorderBerit Kerner
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, CA 90095 1761, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:74-8. 2007..This finding is consistent with the hypothesis that susceptibility to psychosis may characterize at least a subtype of bipolar disorder...
- Use of longitudinal data in genetic studies in the genome-wide association studies era: summary of Group 14Berit Kerner
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Genet Epidemiol 33:S93-8. 2009..4) Estimation of the population impact of genomic risk variants could be more precise. The challenges and computational complexity demanded by genome-wide single-nucleotide polymorphism data were also discussed...
- Summary of Genetic Analysis Workshop 15: Group 9 linkage analysis of the CEPH expression dataEllen M Wijsman
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Genet Epidemiol 31:S75-85. 2007..Finally, there were computational and analytic challenges in working with a large public data set, along with need for more data documentation...
- Symptom Dimensions in PsychosisBerit Kerner; Fiscal Year: 2007..The mentorship of Dr. Nelson Freimer, Dr. Andrew Leuchter and Dr. Bengt Muthen, who are all experts in overlapping aspects of this proposal, will guarantee the success of the training, complemented by coursework and conferences. ..
- Parsing of Bipolar Disorders and Schizophrenia: A Latent Class ApproachBerit Kerner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Parsing of Bipolar Disorders and Schizophrenia: A Latent Class ApproachBerit Kerner; Fiscal Year: 2011..Identifying genomic variants associated with certain clinical subgroups of patients would improve our understanding of the underlying patho-physiology of these disorders;it would also help in early diagnosis and more specific treatment. ..