Roxanne P Kerani
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Acceptability and intention to seek medical care after hypothetical receipt of patient-delivered partner therapy or electronic partner notification postcards among men who have sex with men: the partner's perspectiveRoxanne Pieper Kerani
Public Health Seattle King County, Seattle, WA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 40:179-85. 2013..Little is known about how men who have sex with men (MSM) exposed to a sexually transmitted infection respond to receiving patient-delivered partner therapy (PDPT) or electronic partner notification postcards (e-cards)...
- Spatial bridges for the importation of gonorrhea and chlamydial infectionRoxanne P Kerani
Center for AIDS and STD, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:742-9. 2003..2% of study participants had both local and geographically distant sex partners in the 60 days before diagnosis. Individuals who served as spatial bridges were of higher socioeconomic status and older than other patients...
- Comparative geographic concentrations of 4 sexually transmitted infectionsRoxanne P Kerani
Public Health Seattle and King County, Harborview Medical Center, 359777, 325 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Public Health 95:324-30. 2005..We measured and compared the concentration of primary and secondary syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydial infection, and genital herpes in a large county with urban, suburban, and rural settings...
- Rising rates of syphilis in the era of syphilis eliminationRoxanne P Kerani
Public Health Seattle and King County STD Program, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:154-61. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess the impact of syphilis control activities in King County, Washington...
- HIV among African-born persons in the United States: a hidden epidemic?Roxanne P Kerani
Public Health Seattle and King County, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 49:102-6. 2008..Although a large proportion of HIV diagnoses in Western Europe occur in African-born persons, analyses of US HIV surveillance data do not routinely assess the proportion of diagnoses occurring in African-born US residents...
- A randomized, controlled trial of inSPOT and patient-delivered partner therapy for gonorrhea and chlamydial infection among men who have sex with menRoxanne Pieper Kerani
Public Health Seattle King County, Seattle, WA 98043, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:941-6. 2011..The efficacy of patient-delivered partner therapy (PDPT) and inSPOT, a web-based partner notification service, in increasing partner treatment and/or notification among men who have sex with men (MSM) has not been evaluated...
- Failure of serosorting to protect African American men who have sex with men from HIV infectionMatthew R Golden
Public Health Seattle King County, Seattle, WA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 39:659-64. 2012..The extent to which serosorting protects African American (AA) and Hispanic men who have sex with men (MSM) is unknown...
- Chlamydia screening coverage estimates derived using healthcare effectiveness data and information system procedures and indirect estimation vary substantiallyJennifer M Broad
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Sex Transm Dis 40:292-7. 2013..Screening coverage is an important determinant of chlamydial control program success...
- Stable sexual risk behavior in a rapidly changing risk environment: findings from population-based surveys of men who have sex with men in Seattle, Washington, 2003-2006Timothy W Menza
Center for AIDS and STD, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
AIDS Behav 15:319-29. 2011..While the emergence of the Internet as a venue through which men meet partners demonstrates that sexual risk among MSM remains highly dynamic, our findings suggest that sexual risk behavior among MSM is currently stable...
- A retrospective comparative study of 2-drug oral and intramuscular cephalosporin treatment regimens for pharyngeal gonorrheaLindley A Barbee
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Clin Infect Dis 56:1539-45. 2013..Few clinical data exist to support this recommendation...
- Selective testing criteria for gonorrhea among young women screened for Chlamydial infection: contribution of race and geographic prevalenceLisa E Manhart
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Infect Dis 196:731-7. 2007..Selective screening criteria have been widely implemented for genital Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) infections but have rarely been developed for Neisseria gonorrhoeae (GC) infection...
- Antiretroviral therapy use among HIV-infected men who have sex with men attending a sexually transmitted diseases clinicJulia C Dombrowski
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:524-7. 2010..Sexually transmitted disease clinics may be an important venue in which to identify persons who are not taking ART. Treating these persons could help diminish HIV transmission...
- Trichomonas vaginalis in selected U.S. sexually transmitted disease clinics: testing, screening, and prevalenceElissa Meites
From the Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, NY Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA Public Health, Seattle and King County, Seattle, WA University of Washington, Seattle, WA and Denver Public Health Department, Denver, CO
Sex Transm Dis 40:865-9. 2013..The objective of this analysis is to assess testing and screening practices for T. vaginalis among symptomatic and asymptomatic women in the sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinic setting...