Affiliation: University of Miami
- Weekending in PLWH: alcohol use and ART adherence, a pilot studySonjia Kenya
Jay Weiss Center Social Medicine and Health Equity, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1400 NW 10th Avenue, Suite 801, Miami, FL 33136, USA
AIDS Behav 17:61-7. 2013..Until larger studies assess the generalizability of these findings among other PLWH, providers should consider probing patients about when they drink, how much they drink, and if they take ART when drinking...
- Developing an objective evaluation method to estimate diabetes risk in community-based settingsSonjia Kenya
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, New York, New York, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 13:557-61. 2011..To determine how exercise interventions affect diabetes risk in community and university-based settings, improved evaluation methods are warranted...
- Can community health workers improve adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy in the USA? A review of the literatureS Kenya
Jay Weiss Center for Social Medicine and Health Equity, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
HIV Med 12:525-34. 2011..Although utilized in international settings, there is little evidence regarding the effects of CHWs on HIV outcomes in the USA...
- Body composition and metabolic effects of a diet and exercise weight loss regimen on obese, HIV-infected womenEllen S Engelson
Gastrointestinal Division, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10025, USA
Metabolism 55:1327-36. 2006....
- Independent associations of insulin resistance with high whole-body intermuscular and low leg subcutaneous adipose tissue distribution in obese HIV-infected womenJeanine B Albu
Endocrine, Diabetes and Nutrition Division, The New York Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10025, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 86:100-6. 2007..Obesity and insulin resistance are growing problems in HIV-positive (HIV+) women receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Validation of an elliptical anthropometric model to estimate visceral compartment areaQing He
Division of Gastroenterology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10025, USA
Obes Res 12:250-7. 2004..However, the two-dimensional shape of the abdomen is rarely circular. This study validated an elliptical model of cross-sectional total abdominal area (TAA), subcutaneous adipose tissue (SAT) area, and VCA at the L(4)-L(5) level...