Bryan J Kemp
Affiliation: University of California
- Treatment of major depression in individuals with spinal cord injuryBryan J Kemp
Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Aging with Spinal Cord Injury, Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, Downey, California 90242, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 27:22-8. 2004..This study evaluated the effects of treating major depression in individuals with spinal cord injury (SCI), focusing on the degree of improvement and correlated changes that could be expected in 6 months of treatment...
- What the rehabilitation professional and the consumer need to knowBryan J Kemp
Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Aging with a Disability, Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, Downey, CA 90242, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 16:1-18, vii. 2005..This article reviews many of those changes and points to some ways to help intervene. Changes in rehabilitation education and programs need to begin to incorporate these recent findings...
- Elder financial abuse: an evaluation framework and supporting evidenceBryan J Kemp
Elder Abuse Forensic Center, University of California at Irvine College of Medicine, Irvine, California 90242, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1123-7. 2005..To develop a valid and reliable framework for evaluating cases of alleged elder financial abuse...
- Effects of assistive technology on functional decline in people aging with a disabilityDorothy J Wilson
Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, Downey, California, USA
Assist Technol 21:208-17. 2009..personal assistance. This study supports the value of assistive technology for adults aging with a disability and suggests that it be provided earlier in the aging process...
- Effects of reduction in shoulder pain on quality of life and community activities among people living long-term with SCI paraplegia: a randomized control trialBryan J Kemp
Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, Downey, CA, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 34:278-84. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine changes in social interaction and QOL after an exercise treatment for shoulder pain in people with SCI paraplegia...
- Use of personal emergency response systems by older individuals with disabilitiesWilliam C Mann
Department of Occupational Therapy, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Assist Technol 17:82-8. 2005..This study found that, while PERSs provide benefits for many elders, there appear to be many older persons who could benefit who do not have one. Only 16% of participants in this study, all of whom had disabilities, used a PERS...