Aaron S Kemp
Affiliation: University of California
- Temporal patterns of self-injurious behavior correlate with stress hormone levels in the developmentally disabledAaron S Kemp
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Psychiatry Res 157:181-9. 2008..These findings support the hypothesis that the recurrent temporal patterning of SIB represents a unique behavioral phenotype directly related to perturbed levels of POMC-derived stress hormones in certain individuals with severe DD...
- What is causing the reduced drug-placebo difference in recent schizophrenia clinical trials and what can be done about it?Aaron S Kemp
UCI Neuropsychiatric Center, 101 The City Drive South, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Schizophr Bull 36:504-9. 2010..The session closed with a roundtable discussion and recommendations for data sharing to further explore potential causes and viable solutions to be applied in future trials...
- Gating of a novel brain potential is associated with perceptual anomalies in bipolar disorderJULIE V PATTERSON
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Bipolar Disord 15:314-25. 2013..In order to evaluate the phenomenological significance of P85 gating, the current study examined reports of perceptual anomalies and their relationship to the P50 and P85 physiological measures of sensory gating...
- Alpha EEG guided TMS in schizophreniaYi Jin
NeoSync, Inc, Newport Beach, California 92660, USA
Brain Stimul 5:560-8. 2012..The hypothesis to be tested was that global alpha EEG normalization after αTMS would help improve the clinical symptoms of schizophrenia, regardless of the site of stimulation...
- The role of self-injury in behavioral flexibility and resilienceDavid Pincus
Chapman University, Orange, CA
Nonlinear Dynamics Psychol Life Sci 18:277-96. 2014..Instead, some behaviors, such as SIB, may serve a resilience-making function as more global regulators of behavioral flexibility and coherence. ..
- Therapeutic effects of individualized alpha frequency transcranial magnetic stimulation (alphaTMS) on the negative symptoms of schizophreniaYi Jin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:556-61. 2006..These results affirm that the resonant features of alpha frequency EEG play an important role in the pathophysiology of schizophrenia and merit further investigation as a particularly efficacious frequency for rTMS treatments...
- Increased temporal patterns in choice responding and altered cognitive processes in schizophrenia and maniaMelvin Lyon
Neurocognitive Development Laboratory, University of Southern California, CEM Building, Room 206, University Park, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 172:211-9. 2004..The THEME method for measuring time-determined patterns (T-patterns) in behavior has been suggested as a new, more objective method for assessing cognitive disturbances in schizophrenia...