Affiliation: University of California
- Staake M, Kashinatham A, McMorris T, Estes L, Kelner M. Hydroxyurea derivatives of irofulven with improved antitumor efficacy. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1836-8 pubmed publisher..Acetylation of this new compound with acetic anhydride produced a second derivative. Both of these new derivatives displayed significant antitumor activity in vitro and in vivo comparable to or exceeding that of irofulven. ..
- Kelner M, Montoya M. Structural organization of the human selenium-dependent phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase gene (GPX4): chromosomal localization to 19p13.3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;249:53-5 pubmed..Chromosomal FISH studies placed the GPX4 gene at 19p13.3 location, and downstream of the 23 k-Da polypeptide DNA-directed RNA polymerase gene. ..
- Kelner M, Bagnell R, Montoya M, Lanham K. Structural organization of the human gastrointestinal glutathione peroxidase (GPX2) promoter and 3'-nontranscribed region: transcriptional response to exogenous redox agents. Gene. 2000;248:109-16 pubmed..The ability of GPX2 to respond transcriptionally to redox stress is likely to be more physiologically relevant than post-transcriptional regulation which is dependent upon selenium availability. ..
- Kelner M, Diccianni M, Yu A, Rutherford M, Estes L, Morgenstern R. Absence of MGST1 mRNA and protein expression in human neuroblastoma cell lines and primary tissue. Free Radic Biol Med. 2014;69:167-71 pubmed publisher....
- Kelner M, Montoya M. Structural organization of the human glutathione reductase gene: determination of correct cDNA sequence and identification of a mitochondrial leader sequence. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;269:366-8 pubmed..The 5' and 3' intron/exon splice junctions, with one exception, followed the general consensus sequences for intron spliced donor and acceptance sites. ..
- Kelner M, Bagnell R, Montoya M, Estes L, Forsberg L, Morgenstern R. Structural organization of the microsomal glutathione S-transferase gene (MGST1) on chromosome 12p13.1-13.2. Identification of the correct promoter region and demonstration of transcriptional regulation in response to oxidative stress. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:13000-6 pubmed..The identification that the first exon originally noted is in fact a minor alternative first exon far downstream of the primary first exon eliminates this conundrum. ..
- Kelner M, Bagnell R, Morgenstern R. Structural organization of the murine microsomal glutathione S-transferase gene (MGST1) from the 129/SvJ strain: identification of the promoter region and a comprehensive examination of tissue expression. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1678:163-9 pubmed..Overall, there was a good agreement between the mRNA content detected and previous reports of MGST1 activity with the exception of brain tissue. ..