N D Kellogg
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Children with anogenital symptoms and signs referred for sexual abuse evaluationsN D Kellogg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284 7808, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 152:634-41. 1998..To determine whether children referred to a sexual abuse clinic because of anogenital symptoms or signs have examination findings that are suggestive of or probable or definitive for sexual abuse...
- Genital anatomy in pregnant adolescents: "normal" does not mean "nothing happened"Nancy D Kellogg
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229, USA
Pediatrics 113:e67-9. 2004..This study may be helpful in assisting clinicians and juries to understand that vaginal penetration generally does not result in observable evidence of healed injury to perihymenal tissues...
- Comparison of nucleic acid amplification tests and culture techniques in the detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis in victims of suspected child sexual abuseNancy D Kellogg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:331-9. 2004..2) To compare Ligase Chain Reaction (LCR), Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), and culture methods in the detection of chlamydia and gonorrhea infection among prepubertal and adolescent girls referred for sexual abuse evaluations...
- Differences in childhood sexual abuse experience between adult Hispanic and Anglo women in a primary care settingDavid A Katerndahl
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Child Sex Abus 14:85-95. 2005..Qualitative research on the family environments of Hispanic victims of child sexual abuse may further explicate the dynamics and risk factors for abuse by family members...
- Violence among family members of children and adolescents evaluated for sexual abuseNancy D Kellogg
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Child Abuse Negl 27:1367-76. 2003..Safety plans for sexually abused children should incorporate screening for family violence and safety plans for parents and siblings of child victims, when appropriate...
- Criminally prosecuted cases of child starvationNancy D Kellogg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Pediatrics 116:1309-16. 2005..Here we describe the clinical findings and legal outcomes in 12 prosecuted cases of infant and child starvation...
- Guidelines for medical care of children who may have been sexually abusedJoyce A Adams
University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 20:163-72. 2007..Therefore, there is a need for a consistent evidence-based approach that is agreed upon by medical experts...