Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Deletion of Rab GAP AS160 modifies glucose uptake and GLUT4 translocation in primary skeletal muscles and adipocytes and impairs glucose homeostasisMELISSA N LANSEY
Dept of Medicine Division of Endocrinology, Univ of Virginia, PO Box 801409, Charlottesville VA 22908
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 303:E1273-86. 2012..This suggests AS160 as a target for differential manipulation of glucose homeostasis...
- Insulin and glucose play a role in foam cell formation and functionPavel N Shashkin
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, 415 Lane Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 5:13. 2006....
- Mice deficient in the insulin-regulated membrane aminopeptidase show substantial decreases in glucose transporter GLUT4 levels but maintain normal glucose homeostasisSusanna R Keller
University of Virginia, Department of Internal Medicine Division of Endocrinology, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 277:17677-86. 2002..The absence of IRAP does not affect the subcellular distribution of GLUT4 in adipocytes. However, it leads to substantial decreases in GLUT4 expression...
- Role of the insulin-regulated aminopeptidase IRAP in insulin action and diabetesSusanna Renata Keller
University of Virginia, Department of Internal Medicine Division of Endocrinology, Charlottesville, 22908, USA
Biol Pharm Bull 27:761-4. 2004..Impaired IRAP action may thus play a role in the development of complications in type 2 diabetes. The findings of decreased expression of GLUT4 and increased heart size in mice in which IRAP was deleted support this hypothesis...
- The insulin-regulated aminopeptidase: a companion and regulator of GLUT4Susanna R Keller
University of Virginia, Department of Internal Medicine Division of Endocrinology, PO Box 801409, Charlottesville VA 22908, USA
Front Biosci 8:s410-20. 2003..This finding suggests a function for IRAP/P-LAP in the regulation of GLUT4 levels. Further characterization of the IRAP -/- mice is required to elucidate the role IRAP/P-LAP may play in the control of peptide hormone metabolism...
- 12-Lipoxygenase-knockout mice are resistant to inflammatory effects of obesity induced by Western dietCraig S Nunemaker
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E1065-75. 2008..Inhibiting 12-LO may provide a new therapeutic approach to prevent inflammation-mediated metabolic consequences of excess fat intake...
- Insulin-regulated aminopeptidase marks an antigen-stimulated recycling compartment in mast cellsHaini Liao
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia Health System, School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Traffic 7:155-67. 2006..We propose that IRAP vesicles represent a second IgE-sensitive exocytotic compartment in mast cells, which is regulated differently from secretory granules, and that these vesicles may be similar to GLUT4 vesicles...
- Fat cell-specific ablation of rictor in mice impairs insulin-regulated fat cell and whole-body glucose and lipid metabolismAnil Kumar
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Diabetes 59:1397-406. 2010..To determine the physiological role of rictor/mTORC2 in insulin signaling and action in fat cells, we developed fat cell-specific rictor knockout (FRic(-/-)) mice...
- Intrarenal angiotensin III infusion induces natriuresis and angiotensin type 2 receptor translocation in Wistar-Kyoto but not in spontaneously hypertensive ratsShetal H Padia
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 1414, USA
Hypertension 53:338-43. 2009..Identical manipulations fail to induce natriuresis or AT(2)R translocation in SHRs, suggesting that defects in AT(2)R-mediated natriuresis and trafficking may be important to the development of hypertension in SHRs...
- Muscle-specific deletion of rictor impairs insulin-stimulated glucose transport and enhances Basal glycogen synthase activityAnil Kumar
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia Health System, P O Box 800735, 1300 Jefferson Park Ave, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:61-70. 2008..Thus, rictor in muscle tissue contributes to glucose homeostasis by positively regulating insulin-stimulated glucose uptake and negatively regulating basal glycogen synthase activity...
- Vasopressin is a physiological substrate for the insulin-regulated aminopeptidase IRAPMichelle G Wallis
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1092-102. 2007..Changes in plasma and brain vasopressin levels in IRAP(-/-) mice suggest a significant role for IRAP in regulating vasopressin. We have also uncovered a novel IRAP-dependent insulin effect: to acutely modify vasopressin...
- Loss of Nocturnin, a circadian deadenylase, confers resistance to hepatic steatosis and diet-induced obesityCarla B Green
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9888-93. 2007..Our data support a pivotal role for Nocturnin downstream of the circadian clockwork in the posttranscriptional regulation of genes necessary for nutrient uptake, metabolism, and storage...
- Lipin 1 represses NFATc4 transcriptional activity in adipocytes to inhibit secretion of inflammatory factorsHyun Bae Kim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:3126-39. 2010..These observations place lipin 1 as a potentially important link between triacylglycerol synthesis and adipose tissue inflammation...
- Intrarenal dopamine D1-like receptor stimulation induces natriuresis via an angiotensin type-2 receptor mechanismLeslie J Salomone
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Hypertension 49:155-61. 2007....
- The helix-loop-helix factors Id3 and E47 are novel regulators of adiponectinAmanda C Doran
Cardiovascular Research Center Cardiovascular Division, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Circ Res 103:624-34. 2008..These data establish Id3 and E47 as novel regulators of SREBP-1c-mediated adiponectin expression in differentiating adipocytes and provide evidence that Id3 regulates adiponectin expression in vivo...
- Prenatal androgen exposure programs metabolic dysfunction in female miceAlison V Roland
Departments of Medicine Cell Biology, University of Virginia, PO BOX 800578, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Endocrinol 207:213-23. 2010..These studies demonstrate that in addition to causing reproductive axis abnormalities, in utero androgen exposure can induce long-term metabolic alterations in female mice...
- Intact microtubules are required for natriuretic responses to nitric oxide and increased renal perfusion pressureJennifer Park
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 1414, USA
Hypertension 51:494-9. 2008..These observations indicate that a functioning microtubulin network is required for the transport of cGMP into the extracellular space to modulate NO- and pressure-induced natriuresis...
- Nonobese diabetic (NOD) mice congenic for a targeted deletion of 12/15-lipoxygenase are protected from autoimmune diabetesMarcia McDuffie
University of Virginia, P O Box 801405, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Diabetes 57:199-208. 2008..Since the gene encoding 12/15-LO (gene designation Alox15) lies within the Idd4 diabetes susceptibility interval in NOD mice, we hypothesized that 12/15-LO is also a key regulator of diabetes susceptibility in the NOD mouse...