Jeremy D Keenan
Affiliation: University of California
- Diagnostic characteristics of tests for ocular Chlamydia after mass azithromycin distributionsJeremy D Keenan
F I Proctor Foundation, 513 Parnassus Avenue, Med Sci S309, Box 0412, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0412, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:235-40. 2012....
- Chlamydial infection during trachoma monitoring: are the most difficult-to-reach children more likely to be infected?Jeremy D Keenan
Francis I Proctor Foundation, San Francisco, CA 94143 0412, USA
Trop Med Int Health 17:392-6. 2012..We sought to determine whether individuals who are difficult to locate were more likely to be infected with ocular chlamydia than those who were easier to locate...
- Ribosomal RNA evidence of ocular Chlamydia trachomatis infection following 3 annual mass azithromycin distributions in communities with highly prevalent trachomaJeremy D Keenan
FI Proctor Foundation, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0412, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:253-6. 2012..An RNA-based test detected ocular chlamydial infection in more children than did a DNA-based test (6.9% vs 4.2%), and in a larger number of communities (8 vs 7)...
- Childhood mortality in a cohort treated with mass azithromycin for trachomaJeremy D Keenan
F I Proctor Foundation, San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:883-8. 2011..Here, we monitor a large cohort in which almost 90% of individuals received azithromycin. We assess whether receiving treatment is associated with reduced all-cause and infectious childhood mortality...
- Granulomatous inflammation in juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitisJeremy D Keenan
University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Chicago, Illnois, USA
J AAPOS 12:546-50. 2008..The uveitis that is associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) has typically been described as nongranulomatous. This study reports the prevalence of granulomatous disease in a population with JIA-associated uveitis...
- Peripheral ulcerative keratitis associated with vasculitis manifesting asymmetrically as fuchs superficial marginal keratitis and terrien marginal degenerationJeremy D Keenan
F I Proctor Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Cornea 30:825-7. 2011..To report a case of bilateral peripheral corneal thinning with an appearance of Fuchs superficial marginal keratitis in the right eye and Terrien marginal degeneration in the left eye...
- Perifosine-related rapidly progressive corneal ring infiltrateJeremy D Keenan
F I Proctor Foundation and the Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0944, USA
Cornea 29:583-5. 2010..To report a case of unilateral rapidly progressing corneal ring infiltration in a patient being treated with the investigational drug perifosine for Waldenström's macroglobulinemia...
- Retinopathy in nondiabetic persons with the metabolic syndrome: findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyJeremy D Keenan
University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 147:934-44, 944.e1-2. 2009..To study whether the metabolic syndrome is associated with retinopathy independent of the presence of diabetes...
- Clinical activity and polymerase chain reaction evidence of chlamydial infection after repeated mass antibiotic treatments for trachomaJeremy D Keenan
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:482-7. 2010....
- How reliable are tests for trachoma?--a latent class approachCraig W See
F I Proctor Foundation, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0412, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6133-7. 2011..Latent class analysis (LCA) was performed to estimate the sensitivity and specificity of laboratory and clinical tests for trachoma in the absence of a gold standard...
- Association of conjunctival bacterial infection and female sex in cicatricial trachomaVicky Cevallos
Francis I Proctor Foundation, San Francisco, California 94143 0412, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:5208-12. 2012..To further characterize the microbiological profile of bacterial conjunctival infections in cicatricial trachoma, a conjunctival swabbing of adults in rural Ethiopia was performed...
- Travel and implications for the elimination of trachoma in ethiopiaNeelima A Shah
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 17:113-7. 2010..Seven hundred and seventeen households with at least one child aged 1-5 years in 48 villages were surveyed to collect the details of travel in 1 month prior to the survey...
- When can antibiotic treatments for trachoma be discontinued? Graduating communities in three African countriesKathryn J Ray
F I Proctor Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e458. 2009..While this can be tested empirically, results will not be available for years. Here we use a mathematical model to predict results with different graduation strategies in three African countries...
- The clinical differentiation of bacterial and fungal keratitis: a photographic surveyCyril Dalmon
F I Proctor Foundation and Department of Ophthalmology, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:1787-91. 2012..The purpose of this study was to determine whether clinical signs of infectious keratitis can be used to identify the causative organism...
- Assessment of herd protection against trachoma due to repeated mass antibiotic distributions: a cluster-randomised trialJenafir I House
FI Proctor Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Lancet 373:1111-8. 2009..We assessed indirect protection against trachoma with mass azithromycin distributions...
- Comparison of autophotomontage software programs in eyes with CMV retinitisJenny Chen
F I Proctor Foundation, San Francisco, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:9339-44. 2011..This study compares the quality of the mosaic products of three autophotomontage software programs, using digital fundus photographs of eyes with cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis...
- Practice patterns and opinions in the treatment of acanthamoeba keratitisCatherine E Oldenburg
F I Proctor Foundation, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0944, USA
Cornea 30:1363-8. 2011..Management of acanthamoeba keratitis remains challenging for ophthalmologists. We conducted a survey of members of The Cornea Society to elicit expert opinions on the diagnosis and treatment of acanthamoeba keratitis...
- Topical fluoroquinolone use as a risk factor for in vitro fluoroquinolone resistance in ocular culturesRobert E Fintelmann
Francis I Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalmology, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0412, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 129:399-402. 2011..To determine whether recent use of topical fluoroquinolones is a risk factor for in vitro fluoroquinolone resistance in Staphylococcus aureus ocular isolates...
- Antibiotic selection pressure and macrolide resistance in nasopharyngeal Streptococcus pneumoniae: a cluster-randomized clinical trialAlison H Skalet
Francis I Proctor Foundation for Research in Opthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Med 7:e1000377. 2010..In this study, we used a randomized clinical trial design to assess whether macrolide resistance was higher in communities treated with mass azithromycin for trachoma, compared to untreated control communities...
- Predictors of matching in an ophthalmology residency programAllison R Loh
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Ophthalmology 120:865-70. 2013..To examine the characteristics of US medical students applying for ophthalmology residency and to determine the predictors of matching...