Affiliation: University of South Carolina
- Isolation and biochemical characterization of extracellular polymeric secretions (EPS) from modern soft marine stromatolites (Bahamas) and its inhibitory effect on CaCO3 precipitationTomohiro Kawaguchi
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia 29208, USA
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 32:51-63. 2002..indicated that both uronic acids and protein fractions may be involved in the inhibition of CaCO3 precipitation...
- In situ analysis of carboxyl and sulfhydryl groups of extracellular polymeric secretions by confocal laser scanning microscopyT Kawaguchi
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Norman J. Arnold School of Public Health, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Anal Biochem 304:266-7. 2002
- Confocal imaging of in situ natural microbial communities and their extracellular polymeric secretions using Nanoplast resinA W Decho
Department of Environmental Health Sciences School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia 29208, USA
Biotechniques 27:1246-52. 1999....
- Development of an indirect competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) secreted by the marine stromatolite-forming cyanobacteria, Schizothrix spTomohiro Kawaguchi
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, The Norman J Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
J Immunoassay Immunochem 24:29-39. 2003..30 to 12.8%, respectively, for standards between 2 and 1000 ng/mL. Also, the seawater matrix effect was negligible. Our results indicated that this assay is a useful tool for quantification of Schizothrix sp. EPS in a range of ng/mL...
- Rapid screening of quorum-sensing signal N-acyl homoserine lactones by an in vitro cell-free assayTomohiro Kawaguchi
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3667-71. 2008..Finally, the present protocol may be adapted for use with other biosensor strains and be used in high-throughput AHL screening of bacteria or metagenomic libraries...
- Purification and characterization of the common yolk protein, vitellin, from the estuarine amphipod Leptocheirus plumulosusDavid C Volz
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Norman J. Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia 29208, USA
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 32:103-16. 2002..plumulosus vitellin and antibody reactivity was verified by dot-blotting and immuno-fluorescence confocal microscopy. These antibodies are specific for purified vitellin and show little cross-reactivity with other embryonic proteins...
- The relationship among p53 oligomer formation, structure and transcriptional activity using a comprehensive missense mutation libraryTomohiro Kawaguchi
Department of Clinical Oncology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, and Tohoku University Hospital, Tohoku University, 4-1 Seiryo-machi, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8575, Japan
Oncogene 24:6976-81. 2005....