K P Kaut
Affiliation: University of Akron
- The effects of lesions to the rat hippocampus or rhinal cortex on olfactory and spatial memory: retrograde and anterograde findingsK P Kaut
Department of Psychology, University of Akron, 318F Polsky Building, 225 S Main Street, Akron, OH 44325 4301, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 1:270-86. 2001....
- Olfactory learning and memory impairments following lesions to the hippocampus and perirhinal-entorhinal cortexKevin P Kaut
Department of Psychology, University of Akron, Ohio 44325 4301, USA
Behav Neurosci 117:304-19. 2003..Results suggest the hippocampus is not specifically involved in retaining olfactory information, with additional consideration given to the relationship between lesion size and memory impairment...
- Reports of head injury and symptom knowledge among college athletes: implications for assessment and educational interventionKevin P Kaut
Department of Psychology, Arts and Sciences Building Room 363, University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325, U S A
Clin J Sport Med 13:213-21. 2003..To identify the prevalence of head injuries and related symptoms among college athletes and examine knowledge of head injury consequences and behavioral tendencies of athletes in the presence of symptoms...
- An emotional mediation theory of differential age effects in episodic and semantic memoriesPhilip A Allen
Department of Psychology, The University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325 4301, USA
Exp Aging Res 31:355-91. 2005....
- A multistream model of visual word recognitionPhilip A Allen
Department of Psychology, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio 44325 4301, USA
Atten Percept Psychophys 71:281-96. 2009....
- On age differences in prefrontal function: the importance of emotional/cognitive integrationElsa Baena
Department of Psychology, University of Arizona, AZ, USA
Neuropsychologia 48:319-33. 2010..common age effects. Our results suggest that older adults show deficits in emotional/cognitive integration as well as in executive function, and that those effects do include process-specific age deficits...
- Relation of individual differences in impulsivity to nonclinical emotional decision makingMaggie M Sweitzer
Department of Psychology, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 14:878-82. 2008..These results provide support for hypothesis that, in a nonclinical sample, impulsivity may vary systematically with performance on neuropsychological indicators of prefrontal function...
- Influence of mild cognitive impairment on visual word recognitionAryn L H Bush
University of Akron, Department of Psychology, OH 44325 4301, USA
Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn 14:329-52. 2007..Based on the current findings, evidence of a generalized slowing of cognitive processes using a standard lexical decision task can be expanded to include not only AD patients, but also the preclinical stages of the disease as well...