Affiliation: University of California
- Making longevity in an aging society: linking Medicare policy and the new ethical fieldSharon R Kaufman
Department of Anthropology, History and Social Medicine and Institute for Health and Aging, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0646, USA
Perspect Biol Med 53:407-24. 2010..The powerful connection between the technological imperative and its ethical necessity is rarely mentioned in Medicare reform debates...
- Ironic technology: Old age and the implantable cardioverter defibrillator in US health careSharon R Kaufman
University of California, Institute for Health and Aging, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Soc Sci Med 72:6-14. 2011..Two ethnographic examples document the ways in which those factors are lived in treatment discussions and in expectations about death and longevity...
- Longevity and Medical Treatment in Old AgeSHARON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Old Age, Life Extension, and GeriatricsSHARON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TECHNOLOGY USE AND PROLONGING DYING IN OLDER ADULTSSHARON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The interpretive goal is to examine why closing the gap between what health consumers say they want and what actually happens with advanced technologies is so difficult. ..
- Longevity and Medical Treatment in Old AgeSharon R Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2010....