Affiliation: University of Colorado
- An interdisciplinary initiative to reduce unplanned extubations in pediatric critical care unitsJon Kaufman
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Center, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pediatrics 129:e1594-600. 2012..We sought to reduce the incidence of these events by reliably measuring occurrences and instituting a series of coordinated interdisciplinary interventions...
- Urine interleukin-6 is an early biomarker of acute kidney injury in children undergoing cardiac surgeryPaula Dennen
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Denver Health and Hospitals, 777 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Crit Care 14:R181. 2010..Since proximal tubule injury is a hallmark of AKI, we hypothesized that urine IL-6 would increase in AKI due to impaired proximal tubule metabolism of filtered IL-6...
- Correlation of abdominal site near-infrared spectroscopy with gastric tonometry in infants following surgery for congenital heart diseaseJon Kaufman
Department of Pediatrics and Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 9:62-8. 2008..Splanchnic oximetry, as measured by near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS), correlates with gastric tonometry as a means of assessing regional (splanchnic) oxygenation and perfusion...
- Kinetics of procalcitonin and C-reactive protein and the relationship to postoperative infection in young infants undergoing cardiovascular surgeryJesse Davidson
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, Colorado
Pediatr Res 74:413-9. 2013..The utility of procalcitonin (PCT) and C-reactive protein (CRP) as infectious biomarkers following infant cardiothoracic surgery is not well defined...
- Extended survival and re-hospitalisation among paediatric patients requiring extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for primary cardiac dysfunctionNicole Erwin
Department of Pediatrics, The Heart Institute, Children s Hospital Colorado, School of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver, 13120 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, United States of America
Cardiol Young 23:258-64. 2013....
- Tachyarrhythmias after the Norwood procedure: relationship and effect of vasoactive agentsMegan C McFerson
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Children s Hospital Colorado and University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 35:668-75. 2014..Further studies are required to determine the effects of anatomy on post-operative tachyarrhythmias...
- Oral feeding outcomes in neonates with congenital cardiac disease undergoing cardiac surgerySharon Sables-Baus
Department of Pediatrics, The College of Nursing, University of Colorado at Denver, 13120 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cardiol Young 22:42-8. 2012..Achievement of adequate oral nutrition is a challenging task after early neonatal cardiac surgery. This study aims to describe predictors of oral feeding outcomes for neonates after early surgical interventions...
- The use of Arginine Vasopressin in neonates following the Norwood procedureGrant L Burton
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care, The Children s Hospital, The Heart Institute, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
Cardiol Young 21:536-44. 2011..Following the Norwood palliation, neonates may require an escalation of inotropic and vasoactive support. Arginine Vasopressin may be uniquely useful in supporting this population...
- A multicenter survey of heparin prophylaxis practice in pediatric critical careMargaret Clarke
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Critical Care, The Children s Hospital of Aurora, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Intensive Care Med 26:314-7. 2011..Overall, participants felt CVC-associated HP was safe in pediatric critical illness, while acknowledging the paucity of compelling data. ..
- Prospective validation of the vasoactive-inotropic score and correlation to short-term outcomes in neonates and infants after cardiothoracic surgeryJesse Davidson
Department of Pediatrics, The Heart Institute, The Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Intensive Care Med 38:1184-90. 2012..Prospective validation of the vasoactive-inotropic score (VIS) and inotrope score (IS) in infants after cardiovascular surgery...
- Enteral feeding in neonates with prostaglandin-dependent congenital cardiac disease: international survey on current trends and variations in practiceLisa W Howley
Section of Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care, The Heart Institute, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
Cardiol Young 22:121-7. 2012..This survey delineates international nutritional practices and trends with this population...
- Propofol as a bridge to extubation for high-risk children with congenital cardiac diseaseSarena N Teng
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Critical Care, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado at Denver, School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Cardiol Young 21:46-51. 2011..Propofol, with its unique properties, may be used as a bridge to extubation in certain cardiac populations...
- A model for a nurse-led programme of bedside placement of peripherally inserted central catheters in neonates and infants with congenital cardiac diseaseDeborah S King
The Children s Hospital, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
Cardiol Young 20:302-7. 2010..We evaluated the results of a nursing led peripherally inserted central catheter team in our congenital cardiac centre...