Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Strategies for prevention of neonatal invasive candidiasisDavid Kaufman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Semin Perinatol 27:414-24. 2003..Effective prophylaxis strategies will decrease the high mortality and morbidity associated with fungal infection in high risk infants...
- Changing incidence of Candida bloodstream infections among NICU patients in the United States: 1995-2004Scott K Fridkin
Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 117:1680-7. 2006..We evaluated the annual incidence of neonatal candidemia and the frequency of disease caused by different species of Candida among neonates in the United States...
- Fungal infection in the very low birthweight infantDavid Kaufman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 17:253-9. 2004..A better understanding of the adherence factors, molecular diagnostics and risk factors for invasive fungal infection are important in treatment and prevention...
- Clinical microbiology of bacterial and fungal sepsis in very-low-birth-weight infantsDavid Kaufman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, P O Box 800386, University of Virginia Health System, 3768 Old Medical School, Hospital Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 17:638-80, table of contents. 2004..Identification of the differences in neonatal intensive care units with low and high infection rates and implementation of infection control measures remain paramount in each neonatal intensive care unit caring for preterm infants...
- Veronate (Inhibitex)David Kaufman
University of Virginia Health System, Department of Pediatrics, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 7:172-9. 2006..Phase III clinical trials of Veronate are ongoing...
- Twice weekly fluconazole prophylaxis for prevention of invasive Candida infection in high-risk infants of <1000 grams birth weightDavid Kaufman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Pediatr 147:172-9. 2005..We tested the hypothesis that twice weekly prophylactic dosing of fluconazole prevents invasive candidiasis without promoting resistant Candida species in high-risk, preterm infants...
- Cytokine elaboration in critically ill infants with bacterial sepsis, necrotizing entercolitis, or sepsis syndrome: correlation with clinical parameters of inflammation and mortalityMary Catherine Harris
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Pediatr 147:462-8. 2005....
- Multicenter study to assess safety and efficacy of INH-A21, a donor-selected human staphylococcal immunoglobulin, for prevention of nosocomial infections in very low birth weight infantsBarry Bloom
Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:858-66. 2005..INH-A21 is an intravenous immunoglobulin from donors with high titers of antistaphylococcal antibodies. This dose-ranging study explored safety and preliminary activity of INH-A21 for prevention of staphylococcal sepsis in VLBW infants...
- Antifungal prophylaxis to prevent neonatal candidiasis: a survey of perinatal physician practicesLauren A Burwell
Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 118:e1019-26. 2006..The extent of antifungal prophylaxis use to prevent neonatal candidemia is unknown...
- Effect of the Glycine Antagonist Gavestinel on cerebral infarcts in acute stroke patients, a randomized placebo-controlled trial: The GAIN MRI SubstudySteven Warach
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD 20892 1063, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 21:106-11. 2006..A planned MRI substudy within these trials investigated the effect of gavestinel on infarct volume...
- Randomized, double-blind, dose-ranging study of pentosan polysulfate sodium for interstitial cystitisJ Curtis Nickel
Department of Urology, Queens University, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Urology 65:654-8. 2005..To compare the current recommended dose of pentosan polysulfate sodium (PPS) with doses two to three times higher...