Affiliation: University of Iowa
- The Emergency Department Action in Smoking Cessation (EDASC) trial: impact on delivery of smoking cessation counselingDavid A Katz
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:409-20. 2012....
- Prevalence and correlates of smoking cessation pharmacotherapy in hospitalized smokers with acute myocardial infarctionDavid A Katz
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and Iowa City VA Hospital, Iowa City, IA 52246 2208, USA
Am Heart J 162:74-80. 2011..The aim of this study was to describe the prevalence and correlates of smoking cessation pharmacotherapy in hospitalized patients with AMI...
- Health beliefs toward cardiovascular risk reduction in patients admitted to chest pain observation unitsDavid A Katz
Departments of Medicine and Emergency Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:379-87. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the premise that evaluation in an observation unit for symptoms of possible ACS is a "teachable moment" with regard to modification of CRFs...
- Do emergency department patients with possible acute coronary syndrome have better outcomes when admitted to cardiology versus other services?David A Katz
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 51:561-70, 570.e1. 2008....
- Implementing guidelines for smoking cessation: comparing the efforts of nurses and medical assistantsDavid A Katz
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:411-6. 2004....
- Does concordance with guideline triage recommendations affect clinical care of patients with possible acute coronary syndrome?David A Katz
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
Med Decis Making 27:423-37. 2007....
- Emergency physicians' fear of malpractice in evaluating patients with possible acute cardiac ischemiaDavid A Katz
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice, Iowa City VA Medical Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 46:525-33. 2005..We evaluate the association between emergency physicians' fear of malpractice and the triage and evaluation patterns of patients with symptoms suggestive of acute coronary syndrome...
- Health perceptions in patients who undergo screening and workup for prostate cancerDavid A Katz
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Urology 69:215-20. 2007..This study was designed to determine whether a positive screening test with negative biopsy findings for prostate cancer is associated with worsened mental health during short-term follow-up...
- The impact of unstable angina guidelines in the triage of emergency department patients with possible acute coronary syndromeDavid A Katz
Department of Medicine, Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Med Decis Making 26:606-16. 2006....
- Implantable or external defibrillators for individuals at increased risk of cardiac arrest: where cost-effectiveness hits fiscal realityPeter Cram
University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Value Health 9:292-302. 2006..We used decision analysis to evaluate the clinical and economic trade-offs of AEDs, ICDs, and emergency medical services equipped with defibrillators (EMS-D) for reducing cardiac arrest mortality...
- Effectiveness of implementing the agency for healthcare research and quality smoking cessation clinical practice guideline: a randomized, controlled trialDavid A Katz
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:594-603. 2004..9% versus 3.8%; adjusted OR = 3.4, 95% CI = 1.8 to 6.3; P<.001). CONCLUSION: Implementation of a guideline-based smoking cessation intervention by intake clinicians in primary care is associated with higher abstinence among smokers...
- BRIEF REPORT: nutrition and weight loss information in a popular diet book: is it fact, fiction, or something in between?Sarah L Goff
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:769-74. 2006..However, the scientific support for nutrition claims presented as fact (nutrition facts) in diet books is not known...
- Cost-effectiveness of in-home automated external defibrillators for individuals at increased risk of sudden cardiac deathPeter Cram
Division of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:251-8. 2005..The current study was conducted to explore the relationship between individuals' risk of cardiac arrest and cost-effectiveness of in-home AED deployment...
- Effectiveness of a clinic-based strategy for implementing the AHRQ Smoking Cessation Guideline in primary careDavid A Katz
Department of Medicine, Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Prev Med 35:293-301. 2002....
- The relationship between insomnia and health-related quality of life in patients with chronic illnessDavid A Katz
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Fam Pract 51:229-35. 2002..To determine the association between insomnia and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in patients with chronic illness after accounting for the effects of depression, anxiety, and medical comorbidities...
- CYP3A5 genotype has a dose-dependent effect on ABT-773 plasma levelsDavid A Katz
Department of Pharmacogenetics, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6217, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 75:516-28. 2004..Because of overlapping substrate specificity with CYP3A4 and the multidrug efflux pump P-glycoprotein, the importance of CYP3A5 genetic polymorphism for pharmacokinetics is controversial...
- IMPROVING THE EVIDENCE FOR UNSTABLE ANGINA GUIDELINESDavid Katz; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- PREVENTIVE ONCOLOGY ACADEMIC AWARDDavid Katz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Katz will fulfill the intent of the POAA in providing an opportunity for individuals already proficient in epidemiology to make the transition to a fully independent investigator and teacher in cancer etiology, prevention, and control. ..