Maria C Katapodi
Affiliation: University of California
- The influence of social support on breast cancer screening in a multicultural community sample
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:845-52. 2002..To examine the relationship between women's reported social support and their adherence to recommended breast cancer screening guidelines...
- Predictors of perceived breast cancer risk and the relation between perceived risk and breast cancer screening: a meta-analytic review
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 USA
Prev Med 38:388-402. 2004..Perceived risk is a principal variable in theoretical models that attempt to predict the adoption of health-protective behaviors...
- Perceived breast cancer risk: heuristic reasoning and search for a dominance structure
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California San Francisco UCSF, 2 Koret Way, Box 0610, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Soc Sci Med 60:421-32. 2005..Identified heuristics appear to create predictable biases and suggest that perceived breast cancer risk is based on common cognitive patterns...
- Do women in the community recognize hereditary and sporadic breast cancer risk factors?Maria C Katapodi
Department of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:617-23. 2005..To describe knowledge of hereditary, familial, and sporadic breast cancer risk factors among women in the community and to identify characteristics associated with this knowledge...
- Quantifying smoking cessation outcomes: from The Women's Initiative for Nonsmoking Study (X): methodological implicationsRoberta K Oka
Department of Community Health Systems, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0608, USA
Nurs Res 55:292-7. 2006..Classification of smoking status has a major impact on the conclusions drawn from smoking cessation intervention research, yet few studies have addressed this critical issue...