Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- The ADAP/SKAP55 signaling module regulates T-cell receptor-mediated integrin activation through plasma membrane targeting of Rap1Stefanie Kliche
Institute of Immunology, Otto von Guericke University, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 26:7130-44. 2006..However, it appears as if the ADAP/SKAP55 module can exert its signaling function outside of the classical raft fraction of the cell membrane...
- ADAP is required for normal alphaIIbbeta3 activation by VWF/GP Ib-IX-V and other agonistsAna Kasirer-Friede
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0726, USA
Blood 109:1018-25. 2007..These studies establish ADAP as a component of inside-out signaling pathways that couple GP Ib-IX-V and other platelet agonist receptors to alphaIIbbeta3 activation...
- Role for ADAP in shear flow-induced platelet mechanotransductionAna Kasirer-Friede
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0726, USA
Blood 115:2274-82. 2010..These results establish that ADAP is an essential component of alphaIIbbeta3-mediated platelet mechanotransduction that promotes F-actin assembly and enables platelet spreading and thrombus stabilization under fluid shear stress...
- Lateral clustering of platelet GP Ib-IX complexes leads to up-regulation of the adhesive function of integrin alpha IIbbeta 3Ana Kasirer-Friede
Departments of Cell Biology and Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11949-56. 2002..By extrapolation, GP Ib-IX clustering in platelets may promote thrombus formation...
- Signaling through GP Ib-IX-V activates alpha IIb beta 3 independently of other receptorsAna Kasirer-Friede
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Blood 103:3403-11. 2004..These data establish that GP Ib-IX-V itself can signal to activate alpha IIb beta 3, through sequential actions of Src kinases, Ca(2+) oscillations, and PI 3-kinase/PKC...
- PTP-1B is an essential positive regulator of platelet integrin signalingElena Garcia Arias-Salgado
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Cell Biol 170:837-45. 2005..Thus, PTP-1B is an essential positive regulator of the initiation of outside-in alphaIIbbeta3 signaling in platelets...
- Microfluidic devices for studies of shear-dependent platelet adhesionEdgar Gutierrez
Department of Physics, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Lab Chip 8:1486-95. 2008..Because of small sample volumes required, the devices could be employed in research with genetically-modified model organisms and for adhesion tests in clinical settings with blood from neonates...
- Platelet integrins and immunoreceptorsAna Kasirer-Friede
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0726, USA
Immunol Rev 218:247-64. 2007....