Thomas L Kash
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- The role of biogenic amine signaling in the bed nucleus of the stria terminals in alcohol abuseThomas Louis Kash
Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Alcohol 46:303-8. 2012....
- Central neuropeptide Y modulates binge-like ethanol drinking in C57BL/6J mice via Y1 and Y2 receptorsAngela M Sparrow
Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1409-21. 2012..The current data suggest that Y1R agonists and Y2R antagonists may be useful for curbing and/or preventing binge drinking, protecting vulnerable individuals from progressing to the point of ethanol dependence...
- Distinct extended amygdala circuits for divergent motivational statesJoshua H Jennings
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nature 496:224-8. 2013..These data demonstrate that functionally opposing BNST to VTA circuits regulate rewarding and aversive motivational states, and may serve as a crucial circuit node for bidirectionally normalizing maladaptive behaviours...
- Presynaptic inhibition of gamma-aminobutyric acid release in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis by kappa opioid receptor signalingChia Li
Curriculum in Neurobiology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Biol Psychiatry 71:725-32. 2012..This suggests that KOR activation in this region may play a role in the regulation of emotional behaviors. To date, however, there has been no investigation of the ability of KOR to modulate synaptic transmission in the BNST...
- Alcohol effects on synaptic transmission in periaqueductal gray dopamine neuronsChia Li
Curriculum in Neurobiology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Alcohol 47:279-87. 2013..These data add to a growing body of literature that points to alcohol having both region-dependent and cell-type dependent effects on function...
- Corticotropin releasing factor signaling in the central amygdala is recruited during binge-like ethanol consumption in C57BL/6J miceEmily G Lowery-Gionta
Department of Psychology, Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies, and Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3270, USA
J Neurosci 32:3405-13. 2012..We hypothesize that plastic changes in CRF signaling develop with repeated binge-like drinking episodes, contributing to the transition to dependence...
- Chemogenetic inactivation of ventral hippocampal glutamatergic neurons disrupts consolidation of contextual fear memoryHu Zhu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:1880-92. 2014..Significantly, we found that selective inactivation of ventral but not dorsal glutamatergic hippocampal neurons suppressed the synaptic consolidation of contextual memory. ..
- Chronic stress alters neuropeptide Y signaling in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis in DBA/2J but not C57BL/6J miceKristen E Pleil
Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies and Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, 104 Manning Driv, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Neuropharmacology 62:1777-86. 2012....
- The Role of Serotonin in Alcohol-Withdrawal Induced AnxietyThomas L Kash; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further, these studies may provide insight as to how to develop more useful treatments for alcoholism and anxiety disorders. ..