CONNIE L KASARI
Affiliation: University of California
- Interventions addressing social impairment in autismConnie Kasari
Center for Autism Research and Treatment, 68 268 Semel Institute UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 14:713-25. 2012..Future studies should focus on isolating the active ingredients of interventions and include broader participant representation...
- Making the connection: randomized controlled trial of social skills at school for children with autism spectrum disordersConnie Kasari
Center for Autism Research and Treatment, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:431-9. 2012..One intervention involved a peer-mediated approach (PEER) and the other involved a child-assisted approach (CHILD)...
- The co-regulation of emotions between mothers and their children with autismAmanda C Gulsrud
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 40:227-37. 2010..The results of this study indicate a positive effect of an intervention targeting joint engagement on emotion co-regulation outcomes...
- Social networks and friendships at school: comparing children with and without ASDConnie Kasari
Semel Institute, University of California Los Angeles, 68 268, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 41:533-44. 2011..Thus, while the majority of high functioning children with ASD struggle with peer relationships in general education classrooms, a small percentage of them appear to have social success...
- New directions in behavioral treatment of autism spectrum disordersConnie Kasari
Psychological Studies in Education and Center for Autism Research and Treatment, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 23:137-43. 2010..Noteworthy findings and intervention strategies are highlighted. Additionally, the quality of all reviewed studies is systematically evaluated...
- Randomized controlled caregiver mediated joint engagement intervention for toddlers with autismConnie Kasari
Division of Psychological Studies in Education, University of California Los Angeles, 3132 Moore Hall, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 40:1045-56. 2010..These are among the first randomized controlled data to suggest that short-term parent-mediated interventions can have important effects on core impairments in toddlers with autism. Clinical Trials #: NCT00065910...
- Language outcome in autism: randomized comparison of joint attention and play interventionsConnie Kasari
Psychological Studies in Education, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:125-37. 2008..These findings suggest clinically significant benefits of actively treating JA and SP skills in young children with autism...
- Emotion recognition by children with Down syndromeC Kasari
Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1521, USA
Am J Ment Retard 106:59-72. 2001..Taken together, findings suggest both etiological and developmental differences in the emotion recognition abilities of children with Down syndrome...
- Joint attention and symbolic play in young children with autism: a randomized controlled intervention studyConnie Kasari
UCLA, CA 90095, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:611-20. 2006..In this study, we examine the efficacy of targeted interventions of joint attention and symbolic play...
- Empathy and response to distress in children with Down syndromeConnie Kasari
Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 44:424-31. 2003..Most studies of empathy have focused on young children, and those who are typically developing. Thus, we know little about the emergence and manifestation of empathy in non-normally developing children...
- Children with autism's response to novel stimuli while participating in interventions targeting joint attention or symbolic play skillsAmanda C Gulsrud
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Autism 11:535-46. 2007..These results suggest that generalization of joint attention skills to a novel probe did occur for the group targeting joint attention and provides further evidence of the effectiveness of the joint attention intervention...
- Characteristics and qualities of the play dates of children with Down syndrome: emerging or true friendships?Stephanny F N Freeman
University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1521, USA
Am J Ment Retard 107:16-31. 2002..These friend dyads were more positive in affect, more often involved in turn-taking, and played at higher levels than did children categorized as simply playmates...
- Involvement or isolation? The social networks of children with autism in regular classroomsBrandt Chamberlain
Graduate School of Education and Information Studies, University of California, Los Angeles, P O Box 951521, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1521, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 37:230-42. 2007..Future research is needed to help children with autism move from the periphery to more effective engagement with peers...
- General education teachers' relationships with included students with autismKristen Robertson
University of California, Los Angeles 90095-15210, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 33:123-30. 2003..Specifically, when teachers perceived their relationships with included students with autism to be more positive, children's levels of behavioral problems were lower and they were more socially included in the class...
- Assessing change in early intervention programs for children with autismConnie Kasari
University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 32:447-61. 2002..g., number of hours, type of setting, and teaching approach. Suggestions are further made for improving future studies, including more rigorous designs, and measuring change...
- 1/3-Multisite RCT of Early Intervention for Spoken Communication in AutismCONNIE L KASARI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Joint Attention Intervention with Caregivers and thei*Connie Kasari; Fiscal Year: 2003..The exploratory and pilot research will lay the necessary groundwork leading up to a full-scale randomized and comparative study of the treatment. ..
- 1/3-Multisite RCT of Early Intervention for Spoken Communication in AutismConnie Kasari; Fiscal Year: 2009....