SUNIL D KAPILA
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Relaxin's induction of metalloproteinases is associated with the loss of collagen and glycosaminoglycans in synovial joint fibrocartilaginous explantsTabassum Naqvi
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1-11. 2005..These findings show for the first time that relaxin has degradative effects on non-reproductive synovial joint fibrocartilaginous tissue and provide evidence for a link between relaxin, MMPs, and matrix degradation...
- Relaxin and beta-estradiol modulate targeted matrix degradation in specific synovial joint fibrocartilages: progesterone prevents matrix lossGihan Hashem
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan, 1011 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R98. 2006..The findings suggest that this targeted modulation of matrix loss by hormones may contribute selectively to degeneration of specific synovial joints...
- Matrix metalloproteinase induction by relaxin causes cartilage matrix degradation in target synovial jointsSunil Kapila
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1160:322-8. 2009..These findings suggest a novel model for targeted tissue turnover of cartilage of specific joints through hormone-mediated induction of select MMPs...
- Induction of MMP-1 (collagenase-1) by relaxin in fibrocartilaginous cells requires both the AP-1 and PEA-3 promoter sitesS Kapila
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, The University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 12:178-86. 2009..CONCLUSION - These studies show that both the AP-1 and PEA-3 promoter sites are necessary for the induction of MMP-1 by relaxin in fibrocartilaginous cells...
- The current status of cone beam computed tomography imaging in orthodonticsS Kapila
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, 1011 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 40:24-34. 2011..The need to image other types of cases should be made on a case-by-case basis following an assessment of benefits vs risks of scanning in these situations...
- Craniofacial Imaging in the 21st CenturySunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting will be limited to 300 participants who have a background in imaging. This symposia series will provide momentum to discoveries that will be important to craniofacial sciences and patient care. ..
- Fibronectin Fragment-Induced Osteolysis Mediated by MMPsSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide a fundamental understanding of the basis for bone loss in periodontal disease and other osteolytic diseases. ..
- Hormone-Receptor-MMP Axis in Degenerative TMJ DiseasesSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CRANIOFACIAL SKELETAL TISSUE ENGINEERING CONFERENCESunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2007..The meeting will be limited to 250 participants who have a background in bioengineering. ..
- MODULATION OF TMJ DEGRADATION BY RELAXIN AND ESTROGENSunil Kapila; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Independent Scientist Award will be critical in achieving these goals. ..
- Hormone-Receptor-MMP Axis in Degenerative TMJ DiseasesSUNIL D KAPILA; Fiscal Year: 2010....