Andres M Kanner
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Is depression associated with an increased risk of treatment-resistant epilepsy? Research strategies to investigate this questionAndres M Kanner
Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, USA Electronic address
Epilepsy Behav 38:3-7. 2014..In the second part of this article, we suggest research strategies to test the hypothesis of whether depression worsens the course of epilepsy and identify the pathogenic mechanisms operant in this process...
- Comments on Beyenburg S et al. Anxiety in patients with epilepsy: Systematic review and suggestions for clinical management. Epilepsy & Behavior 2005;7:161-171Andres M Kanner
Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW, 14th Street, Room 1324, Miami, FL 33136, USA Electronic address
Epilepsy Behav 40:24-5. 2014..This article is part of a Special 15th Anniversary Issue. ..
- Biomarkers of epileptogenesis: psychiatric comorbidities (?)Andres M Kanner
Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW, 14th Street, Room 1324, Miami, FL, 33136, USA
Neurotherapeutics 11:358-72. 2014....
- Do psychiatric comorbidities have a negative impact on the course and treatment of seizure disorders?Andres M Kanner
Epilepsy Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 26:208-13. 2013..The purpose of this review is to identify the implications that this bidirectional relation has on the management of the actual seizure disorder...
- The treatment of depressive disorders in epilepsy: what all neurologists should knowAndres M Kanner
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program and Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Epilepsia 54:3-12. 2013..Its use should be considered together with pharmacotherapy or by itself...
- Clinical assessment of Axis I psychiatric morbidity in chronic epilepsy: a multicenter investigationJana E Jones
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53792 6180, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 17:172-9. 2005..Issues regarding recognition and treatment of psychiatric morbidity in epilepsy are discussed...
- Rapid detection of major depression in epilepsy: a multicentre studyFrank G Gilliam
Department of Neurology, The Neurological Institute, Columbia University, New York, USA
Lancet Neurol 5:399-405. 2006..Depression is a common comorbid disorder in epilepsy but is not routinely assessed in neurology clinics. We aimed to create a rapid yet accurate screening instrument for major depression in people with epilepsy...
- Should antidepressant drugs of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor family be tested as antiepileptic drugs?Hamada Hamid
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Epilepsy Behav 26:261-5. 2013..This article reviews the preclinical and clinical data to address this question...
- Screening for major depression in epilepsy with common self-report depression inventoriesJana E Jones
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53792, USA
Epilepsia 46:731-5. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the ability of two common depressive symptom inventories to identify major depression in people with epilepsy...