Andres M Kanner
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Biomarkers of epileptogenesis: psychiatric comorbidities (?)Andres M Kanner
Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW, 14th Street, Room 1324, Miami, FL, 33136, USA
Neurotherapeutics 11:358-72. 2014....
- Do psychiatric comorbidities have a negative impact on the course and treatment of seizure disorders?Andres M Kanner
Epilepsy Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1120 NW 14th Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 26:208-13. 2013..The purpose of this review is to identify the implications that this bidirectional relation has on the management of the actual seizure disorder...
- The treatment of depressive disorders in epilepsy: what all neurologists should knowAndres M Kanner
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program and Department of Neurology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Epilepsia 54:3-12. 2013..Its use should be considered together with pharmacotherapy or by itself...
- Clinical assessment of Axis I psychiatric morbidity in chronic epilepsy: a multicenter investigationJana E Jones
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53792 6180, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 17:172-9. 2005..Issues regarding recognition and treatment of psychiatric morbidity in epilepsy are discussed...
- Rapid detection of major depression in epilepsy: a multicentre studyFrank G Gilliam
Department of Neurology, The Neurological Institute, Columbia University, New York, USA
Lancet Neurol 5:399-405. 2006..Depression is a common comorbid disorder in epilepsy but is not routinely assessed in neurology clinics. We aimed to create a rapid yet accurate screening instrument for major depression in people with epilepsy...
- Should antidepressant drugs of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor family be tested as antiepileptic drugs?Hamada Hamid
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Epilepsy Behav 26:261-5. 2013..This article reviews the preclinical and clinical data to address this question...
- Screening for major depression in epilepsy with common self-report depression inventoriesJana E Jones
Department of Neurology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53792, USA
Epilepsia 46:731-5. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the ability of two common depressive symptom inventories to identify major depression in people with epilepsy...